FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to sweeten my audio

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Huggett
how to sweeten my audio
on Jul 27, 2009 at 11:38:07 pm

Hi guys

I'm a noob and i'm here to ask for advice. I have no problems in saying that i have never really paid attention to audio until now and i have been in motion graphics/post production for nearly 8 years.

Anyway, i have shot and am editing a 7 hour instructional DVD series, shot in a wharehouse type space.

I used 3 cameras, a lapel mic with xlr input into my main camera, and a stationary boom mic with xlr input into camera 2.

The 7 hours are purely talking and demonstrating techniques. My edit has seen me add an intro and credits with music and frequent graphics with audio stings. The audio levels are quite normal, however there are times, the talent talks into the mic as he is demonstrating and clips the levels. I new this would happen - as did he, so i am not too fussed if there is nothing i can do to fix that.....

But what i want to know is, what should i do with my audio. I would not know where to start or what kind of things i can do with it.

There are alot of times though that an echo is present, which is from the empty wharehouse space. Can this be fixed? Also, there are times where a circular saw and a compressor can be heard in the background. Can this be fixed/removed also.

Thanks alot
Max

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]