FORUMS: list search recent posts

Background noise from wedding video

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Edwards
Background noise from wedding video
on Jul 7, 2009 at 4:08:39 pm

I just did a wedding 2 weeks ago. I did with 2 cameras. DVX110B & Canon GL2. For audio I used channel #2 on the DVX for the grooms mic, and channel #1 for the onboard mic. (first time doing this).
On the Canon, I just recorded with the onboard mic. I put the video of both cameras in Vegas and sync'd up the video/audio. There are several problems. I did a stereo split on the DVX audio, because at several points the groom was talking and I could hear him on channel #2, before/during/after ceremony, when I didn't want to hear him. By doing this split, I could regulate the db's on channel #2, essentially shutting off all audio on that channel till time for the vows. I seem to have alot of backgound noise of the quietness between songs etc. I need to have no noise, when there is no noise, and the all around audio to sound good. I have Soundbooth CS3, but did a audio clean of noise and seemed to sound worse. Not very versed in Soundbooth. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Anna Haas
Re: Background noise from wedding video
on Jul 15, 2009 at 11:32:29 am

You need to find the an isolated area on you sound file that has the sound that you want to eliminate and highlight this area.

Then using the Clean Up Audio select Capture Noise Print. This will record the noise that you don't want as a selection to be used for cleaning the file. This is the important step and you need to make a fine area to use that only captures the unwanted noise. It take some trial and error until you find the sweet spot that eliminates the sound and at times is never a quick solution.

Then go to Noise and using the slider with the preview running you can adjust it until the unwanted noise is gone without adding artifact noise to the file or any distortion.

I use Audition which has a very strong filtering section of noises. If this is something that you think you will encounter often in the future than it might be good to invest in Audition to use rather than Sound Booth which is not as effective in manipulation controls. You have more personal control in Audition. But if this is just a one time thing than no need to buy more than you need to.

Frustrated in Seattle

Return to posts index

steve edwards
on Jul 15, 2009 at 4:13:22 pm

I did this process already, and it seems to affect the whole track. Noise is pretty much gone, but when there is other noise that I don't want affected, it sounds very tiny and sounds like a midi file.

Return to posts index

Steven Talley
on Jul 30, 2009 at 1:29:52 am

Applying too much of an effect will make it sound unnatural. You can pick certain areas to be filtered while leaving other areas alone.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]