FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audition 3, Stops recording when switching windows

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ever Giron
Audition 3, Stops recording when switching windows
on Jun 2, 2009 at 9:14:36 pm

Does anyone know how to set Audition 3.0 to continue recording even when you switch windows?
I have Sony Sound Forge and I can have the program running and recording audio, voice overs, or whatever and when I switch to see another window or program I have open it continues recording, but if you are in Audition 3.0 recording and switch to see another window it stops recording. It did not happen with 1.5.

Anyone please help.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Skip Wilson
Re: Audition 3, Stops recording when switching windows
on Jul 8, 2009 at 10:51:28 pm

This problem has been driving me nuts forever, and I finally found a solution courtesy of http://www.thesession.org/discussions/display/15082. I'll paste what I found here for good measure:

-----------
The problem you are experiencing is that Audition is releasing the ASIO driver when it is no longer the window in focus (the selected application window). What you need to do is to tell Audition not to release the ASIO driver when you change the window that is in focus.

On the menu do the following

Edit/Audio Hardware Setup (Third from the bottom)

-> [ ] Release ASIO Driver in Background

This is located toward the middle of the dialog box vertically.

Un-Check the check-box so that Audition will stay connected to the ASIO driver even when the window is "out of focus".

Thanks to Dan Proctor
--------------

Return to posts index

John Munson
on Jan 30, 2014 at 4:04:17 pm

I tried the fix above and it worked in one case, but I have a different computer running 3.0 that STILL stops when I move the cursor out of the Audition window even though the AISO release button is unchecked in all three modes.

What else would cause this?

Return to posts index

Jordan Chaleil
on Dec 11, 2014 at 8:41:51 am

Solved it by going the adobe audition directory and right clicking on the audition exe, run compatibility mode and select "run as vista" works perfect now ;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]