FORUMS: list search recent posts

Baffled: Adobe Aud # wont allow me to record @ 22050

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven J.  Lowenstein
Baffled: Adobe Aud # wont allow me to record @ 22050
on Apr 21, 2009 at 7:43:30 pm

I recently purchased a new computer and now have a problem recording a wave file @ 22050.

I record books and newspapers for small low powered Radio station for the blind and they prefer due to power and quality limitations that recordings be done at this low rate. On my previous machine this was no problem, however, on my new PC when I try to set the sample rate @ 22050 a message pops up saying...

" We do not support recording when your file does not match your Hardware Sample rate. your current sample rate is 44100Hz"

OK fine! but how do I change the Hardware sample rate? and, is this necessary since I do not have a problem recording at 22050 using my old Cool Edit Pro? The only difference that I know of is that on my old machine I was using and Audigy Sound card and this machine has built in sound capabilities on the mother board. Also, Cool Edit allows me to use " Wave Mapper" and AA 3 does not. If this is the reason why I cant record in AA3 like I can in Cool Edit then, how can I add in the wave mapper drivers? or change the Hardware Sample Rate? My mother board is a ASUS P5N73-AM and I am using a XENYX 502 external amplifier by Behringer with an XLR mic connection.

My thanks in advance for any and all of your help.

Steven

S.J.L.

Return to posts index

Steven Talley
Re: Baffled: Adobe Aud # wont allow me to record @ 22050
on Apr 24, 2009 at 12:51:15 am

I'm not sure but the VIA sound chip doesn't seem to support 22k.
Check it out.
http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/audio/codecs/vt1708b/index.jsp

If you can, get an external USB interface that should work better.

Also, if you record at 44100 you can down sample to 22k when saving.
ST

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]