FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cutting out a specific wave

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jaanus Henno
Cutting out a specific wave
on Mar 28, 2009 at 12:10:57 pm

Hi!

I'm editing some audio files and they all have a certain backround noise, which I want to remove as effectively as possible. Noise reduction filters do a pretty good job, but I'm interested in an approach I haven't tried before and I'm not even sure is it possible. I want to cut out a specific wave(noise), but I don't know how to do it. I added a picture to show what I have in mind.

It sounds like somebody is constantly shaking something on the backround, but since it's a specific distinguished wave, could it be possible to use some way in Audition or in some other program to select this wave and cut it out throughout the entire file?

Thank you for the help,
Srivas

Return to posts index

Steven Talley
Re: Cutting out a specific wave
on Mar 28, 2009 at 2:36:33 pm

Have you tried selecting just that noise an using it as a selection for noise removal? I'd try that first.

Return to posts index

Jaanus Henno
Re: Cutting out a specific wave
on Mar 29, 2009 at 10:37:49 am

Yes, I've tried that, but the outcome sounds quite artificial, there is some average good setting also, but I was thinking that if I could cut out a specific wave, that would keep the clip sounding good. Actually hiss is not such a problem, but there is constant clipping sound, which is most disturbing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]