FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any Cylon voice tutorials?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TL Westgate
Any Cylon voice tutorials?
on Mar 2, 2009 at 7:05:05 pm

I'm looking to make a Cylon voice for a goofy little video. I have CS3. Any tutorials or tips out there? I know about vocoding, but don't have any instrument samples. Help please!

-- TL

Return to posts index

Adam Smith
Re: Any Cylon voice tutorials?
on Apr 12, 2009 at 8:30:01 pm

I just recently purchased a Microkorg Synthesizer/vocoder -- low cost compared to most vocoders at only $400.00/new. I've been working with one of the settings and have pretty much perfected the cylon sound. If you've got the change to spare, it's a perfect way to get the sound you're looking for. If you'd like, I can send you a sample.

Return to posts index

Frank Banff
Re: Any Cylon voice tutorials?
on Jun 12, 2011 at 8:14:43 pm

A dedicated "Cylon Voice" vocoder app is now available for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. This app transforms your voice into that of a deep, metallic Cylon.

Two ways to create your own colon voice and use it in your own project:
1) Sampler: record your colon voice and send it by mail. Import sound sample in your own project
2) Play in Live mode: speak and transform your voice instantly. By connecting your iphone, ipod or ipad (via headphone jack) to your computer you can provide your clips and music with a Cylon voice.

For a demonstration you can watch on youtube:

To read more about the app: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cylon-voice/id441472157?mt=8

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]