FORUMS: list search recent posts

Software question

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Yowell
Software question
on Feb 23, 2009 at 10:29:57 pm

I just purchased Adobe Master Collection that includes Soundbooth. I am just a novice when it comes to audio. However, I am determined to learn more. Until now, I have been using Adobe Audition 1.0 to make minor audio edits. I see on the Adobe website that I can upgrade Audition to 3.0 for only $99. However, now that I have Soundbooth, I'm not sure I will need to. Can someone please tell me what the difference is between Soundbooth and Audition? Is it worth it to have both? Any information would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Steven Talley
Re: Software question
on Feb 24, 2009 at 5:35:34 am

Audition is mainly a multitrack recording station also called a DAW, "Digital Audio Workstation" and a 2 track audio mastering station in one piece of software. Audition will allow you to record as many inputs at once as the audio interface your using, meaning if you have a 16 channel in Firewire interface you can record 16 independent channels at the same time. Great for recording bands using close micing techniques at the same time.
Soundbooth also has limited multitracks but is intended for audio with video production or simple 2 track recording.

Return to posts index

Emmett Andrews
Re: Software question
on Feb 25, 2009 at 4:01:44 am

Basically, you can't even compare the two. SB is a toy next to AA. HOWEVER, that toy might be all you need! Try out SB and see what you think...If you find that you're missing things from AA1.0, then consider upgrading. If SB works for your needs, stick with it!

There is NO difference in sound quality...It's just differences in options.

Emmett

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]