FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to use new Transcription feature? Compatibility?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Naiche Lujan
How to use new Transcription feature? Compatibility?
on Feb 20, 2009 at 6:48:30 pm

I can't figure out how to export the transcript to a human readable form. It exports as an xml file, which it full of tags, and not readable as a transcript.

Also, does anyone know if this can be brought in and used by Final Cut Pro, or is the format only understood by Premiere.

Great new feature, with tons of potential, but...

why do I find myself saying that so often these days?

Return to posts index

aaron michels
Re: How to use new Transcription feature? Compatibility?
on Feb 27, 2009 at 12:30:47 am

I had the same problem, and I just used the find and replace function in my text editor to replace all of the tags, numbers, and values. It took a couple minutes, but I then had a human-readable document.

Instead of replacing all tags, you could also open it in a browser (firefox) and turn off all styles. For me, it then displayed without the tags, but there were still a bunch of junk values that I needed to find/replace in a text editor.

Not all text editors will allow you to find/replace line breaks (carriage returns, ^p...), but some will. Word does, but its find/replace tool is slow.

Remember not to make every single search/replace simply delete the tag. You'll need to replace some tag (or perhaps the carriage return) with a space, or else you'll get one long string of letters.

Return to posts index

Dane Cooke
Re: How to use new Transcription feature? Compatibility?
on Jun 4, 2009 at 12:17:39 pm

Right Click the "Speech Transcript" window, then click "Copy All"

You can then paste the text of the transcript into Notepad or Word.

http://thepubshow.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]