FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recreate or Extract roomtone

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin SotoRecreate or Extract roomtone
by on Feb 3, 2009 at 8:05:52 am

Hey all, not sure if this can be done, but I have two different clips of dialogue that were recorded in different rooms. So when I edit them together it is very noticeable.

Unfortunatly on the shoot they did not get audio of just the room tone in one of the rooms and compared to the other one it has quite a bit of background hiss and noise to it compared to the other clip.

NOrmally I would just grab a snippet of audio where there is no dialogue or other noise but in this footage there really isn't any quiet parts, not even a second. Tried using the noise reduction on the noisy clip, but then it just sounds tinny. If I just had the room tone noise over the other clips it would sound good.

I'm relatively new to using Audition, but have really been impressed with what I've figured out, but haven't been able to figure this out and haven't found any tutorials on this anywhere.

Basically what I would like to do is somehow extract or duplicate the room tone from the one scene to fill in the gaps when using footage/audio from the other scenes. It doesn't have to be perfect, but right now it's very noticeable when switching between the two different sources of audio.

I tried messing around with the adding noise function, but wanted to see if there is a way to determine what noise to use to try to recreate it or atleast make it so it's not so jarring.

Thanks ahead of time. I've learned lots on here.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]