FORUMS: list search recent posts

Will Adobe offer a CS4 version of Audition

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anna Haas
Will Adobe offer a CS4 version of Audition
on Jan 6, 2009 at 2:28:09 pm

Does anyone know if there are plans by Adobe to offer an Audition upgrade and not think that putting out a crippled program like the Sound Booth program they stuck into my CS4 Suite upgrade is somehow something that professional audio techs are going to want to use. It sits on my machine and does nothing. My company makes Audio Dramas and there is little need for Sound Booth.

Sorry had to vent my displeasure of Adobe assuming that was a good choice for real sound people.

Frustrated in Seattle

Return to posts index

Emmett Andrews
Re: Will Adobe offer a CS4 version of Audition
on Jan 6, 2009 at 10:06:42 pm

Audition 3.0 and newer are not a part of the Creative Suite. If you want Audition, you must purchase it separately. However, if you have an earlier copy, you can upgrade to 3.0 (now 3.01) for $99. Adobe did this because trying to integrate it into CS was harmful to the development of the program. Being a part of CS is the reason Audition 2.0 is such a piece of garbage. Most CS users have no need for a product as full-featured as Audition, thus Soundbooth was created with the intent of basic audio editing for video users.

Emmett

Return to posts index

Anna Haas
on Jan 9, 2009 at 2:42:13 pm

I already have Audition 3.0
Like most of us just excited to see new additions to any of my programs to enhance the output. I love Audition 3.0 but it does have a few things that could be changed and improved upon such as when cutting a clip in multiple track mode it should be a clip of its own when taken into the edit mode instead of it still being a part of a large chunk. When we do a cut in Premiere it becomes just that piece and editable. If I want to add and effect in Audition to a clip we have to take care that we only apply to the area we actually want. Just little items like that which would make life simpler.
Hopefully they will come out with a newer version at some point. don't care if it is part of a suite or not..

Frustrated in Seattle

Return to posts index

David Braswell
on Jan 23, 2009 at 2:15:59 pm

Interesting perspective. Many people consider your annoyance at multitrack clip handling to be a good feature. The nondestructive nature gives you some options should you decide you need to reverse some of the changes you made to the individual slice.

I too hope they update Audition. But since it's not part of their ubersuite I'm not particular hopeful about timely updates to the product.

Return to posts index

Anna Haas
on Jan 23, 2009 at 2:27:34 pm

I agree that in some instances this can be an advantage if adding certain things to a track.
We do Audio Dramas and sometimes we would like it if the clip we just cut was just that portion if we want to add something like an echo or an effect to just the clip that we cut and not an entire track. We have done some work around methods around this but to be able to have a smaller chuck of audio would save time.

Frustrated in Seattle

Return to posts index

Taurus Cousins
on Jan 31, 2009 at 5:30:37 pm

Hi,

you can make a new reference copy of the clip by right clicking the mouse. Audition will give you several options as to how you want the clip to be copied. When you chose to copy as a new reference that clip portion becomes a seperate clip, independant of its orgin clip.

Hope this helps.

Taurus

Return to posts index

Paul Kraimer
on Mar 24, 2010 at 4:49:56 pm

Just right-click on your clip while holding the CTRL key and drag to a new track or a blank area of the same track. This creates an editable copy of that clip that has a unique file name (usually filename(2) for the first copy of it). Now double-click that clip and do your edits in Edit View and save this new version. Your original is still intact and your new effects are on their own clip.

Return to posts index

Leon Unger
on Aug 24, 2010 at 6:37:08 pm

Dear Anna Haas. Like you said , i agree with you. I am a Sound editor with some movies that have the sound completely editted in adudition. Audition allows me to do everyhing i need, but sound-shit-boot is the worst piece of garbage that i had noticed in my entire 46 years life.I prefer to know that i have a dangerous desease to be obligated to use sound booth. But if you run the updates of Premiere, from 4.0.1 if i´m not wrong, premiere adds the feature "Edit in Audition" when you have to manage audio clips directly in your timeline. So after that you can descontaminate your hard drive from sound-gabage-booth. OK ? Is the best solution until today. Best Regards, Leon.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]