FORUMS: list search recent posts

my directx presets disappeared?!!?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Macdonaldmy directx presets disappeared?!!?
by on Dec 30, 2008 at 4:45:19 am

I am irate because somehow my Waves presets all got erased, and I did NOTHING to make this happen!!! The only thing I can think of is that I was trying to edit the volume of a track using the keypad, and had number lock OFF, so for a second I was wondering what was going on and mashed some of the number keys! Then I realized the problem and turned the numlocks key back on...but seriously, there should be NO possible combination of pressing the keypad keys that magically erases all my direct x presets!!!! does anyone have any clue what happened??!!?!

I tried to contact adobe (who have no email address..how lovely is that), and the poor lady on the other end of the phone did not have any idea what I was talking about and told me to call back tomorrow (again, how lovely)...can anyone out there help me??

Return to posts index

Steven TalleyRe: my directx presets disappeared?!!?
by on Dec 31, 2008 at 5:28:47 pm

Did you try "Enable DirectX Effects" in the Effects menu?

Return to posts index

Jim MacdonaldRe: my directx presets disappeared?!!?
by on Dec 31, 2008 at 7:22:14 pm

Yeah, directx effects are still enabled...and the Waves effects are still there to use, its just my presets are all gone.

Return to posts index

Emmett AndrewsRe: my directx presets disappeared?!!?
by on Jan 1, 2009 at 8:02:44 am

Waves presets are stored in their own file that has nothing to do with Audition. Try removing and replacing your ilok. Waves tech support is good too and shouldn't be ignored. What bundle and version are you running? How old is your ilok?

Return to posts index

by on Jan 1, 2009 at 10:31:37 am

Thats a good idea...I hadn't considered it might be a Waves problem. I have (i think?) waves gold..it has the renaissance stuff and a bunch of other random stuff that I don't really use. thanks for the tip!

Return to posts index

by on Jan 1, 2009 at 7:48:19 pm

Actually, now that I look into it more, all my other directx effects were erased/reset too, so it's a directx thing, not just a waves thing. Does anyone know how/where the directx presets are saved by default? I have had some other computer weirdness going on that makes me think maybe my hard drive is going bad or something else equally horrible. :(

Return to posts index

Steven TalleyRe: my directx presets disappeared?!!?
by on Jan 3, 2009 at 5:30:36 am

The first thing to do is backup everything on the hard drive that you want to keep.
Now you can answer the following questions and do the appropriate thing.
Does this machine acces the internet? do you use anti-virus software? Have you run a scan of the hard drive for virus's and malware?
Have you run the hard drive disk checker in Window's?
If you know the brand of hard drive you can go to the manufacture's web site and get diagnostic software to run and if it's under warranty be replaced for free.
If the hard drive is OK, you may want to consider re-installing Windows and all your apps.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 8, 2009 at 9:21:10 am

Yeah I just backed up all the important files on an external hard drive, so I'm good there. Things seem to be running smoothly, but I have had this iteration of my computer for 5 years, so that is a while for a computer to last haha. Oddly, all my emails vanished at the same time as my direct x presets. Don't know what that means...maybe the hard drive is getting bad? I probably should put together a new computer soon...just not looking forward to spending the money or installing everything again. Thanks for your help though!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]