FORUMS: list search recent posts

procedural question

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Ecksprocedural question
by on Dec 13, 2008 at 4:54:01 am

I am doing a lot of work with very low bitrate mp3 files, each of which are of a very long duration. For instance, a 60-ish megabyte file that is about 5 hours long.

I was wondering about how Audition saves such files while it is working-- do they take up 60 megabytes while in use, or more?

Another odd question: I am stretching these 5 hour files again and again-- taking them to 10 hours, then splitting them into two equal parts. So file 1A is 5 hours, gets stretched to 10, then gets split into two files, becoming files 2A and 2B, each of which are 5 hours. Every step I take in Audition takes my PC quite a bit of time to accomplish, so I'm trying to figure out a good way to automate this. In Photoshop, I can record an action-- can Audition do anything similar? Regardless, what would be the easiest "least-step" method of accomplishing this?

I know these questions are a little weird, but they will help me tremendously.

Return to posts index

Emmett AndrewsRe: procedural question
by on Dec 18, 2008 at 5:39:49 am

1. Audition uses uncompressed PCM while working. IT's hard to give a real estimation, but for a typical mp3 file, Audition will need about 10 times the space.

2. Audition has a scripting function. The help file will give you more info.

Emmett

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]