FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capture audio from from soundcard

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike WahlCapture audio from from soundcard
by on Nov 5, 2008 at 6:37:21 am

How do I tell audition that I want to record the audio that im currently playing on my computer? Meaning if I go to a website and I want to capture the audio from a video I watch, how do I do this?

Return to posts index

Diego SolisRe: Capture audio from from soundcard
by on Nov 6, 2008 at 12:58:00 pm

All of the following instructions are in the AA help file, although related to CD
recording, but it works the same with audio from browser or media player.

Preparation:
1. Open your favorite Browser/Player application
2. Start playing the loudest part of the file. Then, switch to Edit View in Adobe Audition, and choose Options > Metering > Monitor Record Level.
3. Use the Levels panel to monitor the amplitude of the incoming signal. You want the input level to be as loud as possible without exceeding 0 dB. If the input level exceeds 0 dB, clipping occurs. (See Level meters overview.)
4. If you need to adjust the Browser/Player input level, choose Options > Windows Recording Mixer to open the Windows Recording Control mixer. Adjust the CD Player input level as desired.
5. In Adobe Audition, deselect Options > Metering > Monitor Record Level.

Recording:
1. In Edit View, create a new file.
2. In the Transport panel, click the Record button .
3. Start the desired track in your browser/player.
4. When desired, stop recording in both Adobe Audition and the browser or player.

Return to posts index

Mike WahlRe: Capture audio from from soundcard
by on Nov 7, 2008 at 3:22:05 am

That didnt work, when I go to monitor record level I dont get a level at all.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 7, 2008 at 7:31:59 am

I see...had the same problem and enabling my soundcard's stereo mixer plus configuring Audition's audio hardware for using the mixer as input device in edit mode solved it. You might have one or more of these issues in your system (mine is Vista PC).
Hope this is of some help...

Return to posts index

Steven TalleyRe: Capture audio from from soundcard
by on Nov 7, 2008 at 10:14:08 pm

If your using an internal sound card or motherboard sound in the computer, first open the windows sound mixer (in XP it's in the Accessories tab from the Start button) and pick the internal playback source in the record tab inside the Options menu and choose Wave Out, Mono Mixer or Stereo Mixer or something similar. It could be any of these, and you only need to pick one. Then run Audition and set up to record a new file and lastly browse to the source you want to record. Start recording in Audition and move to the browser and play the file. Stop Audition after playback is done and edit or save.

If your using an external sound card or a USB or Firewire interface you should have access to the software mixer or software interface for the device in the computer. Set for something similar to Monitor or Monitor Playback.
Then set Audition's Audio Hardware Setup to use this device for input. You should now be ready to record.
Good Luck
ST

Return to posts index

by on Nov 9, 2008 at 7:06:00 am

Im hung up on this because Im using Vista. Also, my soundcard is internal with the motherboard and its 5.1 surround (if that makes a difference)

I also have an external Tascam US-144 if I can use that somehow.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 9, 2008 at 11:29:21 pm

Try and see if your sound cards have all options enabled, see this

http://www.bytescout.com/ppttovideo_sound_recording_under_windows_vista.htm...

(Disregard the tutorial's last step)
I'm not familiar with 5.1 but I'd assume recording works similarly than with 2.0.

If this doesn't work, then it's possible that the sound driver(s) have the internal recording feature disabled. But it seems like it's still possible to edit the drivers to enable "hidden talents".

Hope the above works for you.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 10, 2008 at 2:41:04 pm

Ok, I tried this idea but when I go into cool edit and set it as my input device, its begins recording a very erratic waveform that when played back is just hiss. Also, in the sound menu if I check the levels for the device it shows that its getting a signal but again, its only hearing hiss for some reason.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 10, 2008 at 10:13:46 pm

Hiss (only) was the first thing I got when the setup wasn't complete yet.
If your soundcard's Stereo Mixer is enabled, then

"You need to go into the "Audio Hardware Setup" (under "Edit"...near the bottom). In the box labeled "Edit View Ports" the "Default Input" should be set to: "[01S] Stereo Mix" (could be Wave Out or What U Hear depending on soundcard manufacturer)"

Is this what you have?
Disable ASIO drivers before setup.
Good luck.

Return to posts index

Nagy LajosRe: Capture audio from from soundcard
by on Jan 21, 2009 at 10:36:59 pm

I was in the same boat and read dosens of advice, but I was none the wiser. Adobe Audition 3.0 worked fine, but it was not willing to record audio despite the fact that I adjusted everything in Audio Hardware setup. Finally, I decided to give it up and downloaded and configured Replay Radio v7.10b and installed the 'Enhanced Sound Card Driver' too (as far as I can remember this option was in the "Main settings" tag). After I installed and configured Replay Radio and it worked fine, Audition worked fine too. I did this twice so my conclusion is the following: what I could not adjust in Audition manually I was able to do via Replay Radio following the configuration steps. Yes, and it works fine now...

Return to posts index

Shinaz BakarRe: Capture audio from from soundcard
by on Feb 8, 2010 at 8:42:10 pm

I have a better solution, it works for me (adobe audition v3).
A. In windows OS, go to control panel, sounds, then recording/input, check "stereo mix" as default input.

B.
1)Open audition, choose edit from the menu, then choose audio hardware setup.
2)Then, select multitrack view tab and click on control panel.
3)Next, under "DirectSound Input Ports, check "Stereo Mix", and click on "Move Up" to make sure it says "Yes" for Sync Reference, click "OK".
4)In Multitrack View, make sure default input is "stereo mix".
5) Apply, OK.

Let me know if you have problems understanding this. It worked for me.

Return to posts index

Geoffrey AppleRe: Capture audio from from soundcard
by on Sep 17, 2011 at 3:45:17 am

Hi, I mainly know what you want to do. While you are watching videos on your computer, you could try to record sound from PC sound card by the use of a lot of soundcard recorders such as Audacity, Adobe Audition and streaming audio recorder. If you find Audition is a little complicated, you may go to use other ones.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]