FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recording multiple inputs?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike WahlRecording multiple inputs?
by on Nov 2, 2008 at 4:58:40 am

Is it possible with audition to record multiple inputs simultaneously?

Im a journalist and it would be great to be able to use Audition to record phone calls with interviewees. So I bluetoothed my phone to my PC and can record THEIR side of the conversation but cant use my PC microphone which is plugged in using a Tascam US-144 interface as a second input to record my voice.

How od i do this?

Return to posts index

Steven TalleyRe: Recording multiple inputs?
by on Nov 2, 2008 at 6:16:48 am

You might try 2 instances of Audition running at the same time using a different interface for each!

Return to posts index

Mike WahlRe: Recording multiple inputs?
by on Nov 2, 2008 at 6:03:26 am

Fantastic Idea! Opening two sessions lets me use two seperate inputs, but it does not allow me to talk back to the person on the phone. Any ideas there?

Return to posts index

by on Nov 2, 2008 at 6:45:49 am

What!!! You weren't able to talk to the person on the phone while recording during your first try?

Return to posts index

by on Nov 2, 2008 at 6:43:50 pm

Actually Audition 3 will work with multiple input interfaces. This may be true for older versions also.
You just have to activate them in the Audio Hardware Preferences and inside the Control Panel (a button inside the Audio Hardware Setup window inside Audition).
Put X's in the boxes for all devices available then in multitrack you pick the input line and device for each track you want to record to.
I tried a couple of USB input devices and it worked fairly well but latency seems to be a problem in using more then one device for recording. Realigning the tracks to match up helped.

As for your problem of not being able to talk to the caller. Maybe you should try using Skype over an internet connection and forget about using a phone.

Return to posts index

Emmett AndrewsRe: Recording multiple inputs?
by on Nov 3, 2008 at 5:21:26 am

3.0 can only use ONE device at a time...It is a limitation of ASIO. Using a WDM to ASIO wrapper, it MIGHT be possible to use more than one device, but I doubt it...It's just a simple limitation of ASIO. Versions 1.5 and earlier will, however, allow for more than one device. 2.0 and newer require a multi-channel interface.

Emmett

Return to posts index

Mike WahlRe: Recording multiple inputs?
by on Nov 3, 2008 at 5:04:22 am

Ok, so I went into the multitrack window and armed two seperate inputs and it worked! Now I just need to figure out how to get the signal back to the phone so the other person can hear what im saying.

Thanks for all the help so far! I just tried recording a couple samples with both inputs armed and had zero problems with latency, not sure what hardware you guys are using.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]