FORUMS: list search recent posts

reverb/hall echo

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rob michel
reverb/hall echo
on Oct 29, 2008 at 2:43:31 pm

Hi all, can anyone help me to "soften" a small vocal ensemble track recorded in a large hall to match some recorded in a small bar? I can add and change echo/reverb characteristics, but how about removing them.

Return to posts index

Emmett Andrews
Re: reverb/hall echo
on Nov 2, 2008 at 1:25:45 am

Short answer: Can't be done. Long answer: You might have some LIMITED success by messing around with a noise gate or expander, but don't expect much. A smarter idea would be to add reverb to the bar recording to make it match the hall recording.

Emmett

Return to posts index

Steven Talley
on Nov 2, 2008 at 6:41:08 am

I've had some success in removing some reverberation in an audio file with someone speaking by capturing some of the reverberation noise and using it as a noise floor and applying it with the noise reduction effect under Restoration.
You would need less then half a second of the reverberation sound alone for this to work though. Maybe before they started playing you have resonance in your recording that could be used.
What you don't want to capture is any of the music as this will color the sound by removing parts of it.

Good Luck.
Steve

Return to posts index

Darren Edwards
Re: reverb/hall echo: using the echo as removal profile
on Nov 18, 2008 at 11:36:01 am

That is actually a really intriguing suggestion.
It's paradoxically logical and illogical at the same
time. Definetly worth trying out if only for kicks.

Darren.

x-gf.com

Return to posts index

Jim Macdonald
Re: reverb/hall echo: using the echo as removal profile
on Jan 1, 2009 at 7:51:59 pm

Yeah I would try the noise reduction thing...you might get some weird artifacts though, but you could mess with the spectral decay rate and see if you can find a compromise. I just had to use it to get rid of some guitar bleed on a bass drum track, and it definitely improved the situation. The noise gate on Audition is awesome!

Return to posts index

Kyle Steinmann
on Mar 18, 2011 at 6:28:48 pm

I don't mean to sound like an amateur because I'm really not. I just don't ever get around to using audition much. I was wondering if you could explain that a little more. I am an videographer for an advertising agency. I am working on a project. I am having some problems with an echo and this sounds like it might help. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]