FORUMS: list search recent posts

vocal removal!!!

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chia Xiongvocal removal!!!
by on Sep 21, 2008 at 12:16:10 am

I have some songs that i just want to get the instrumental out of it without the voice, but when i used the voice removal effect, the voice is still in the track, but just lower. How do i completely get the voice off the track so i'll have the music only?

Return to posts index

Tom ScottRe: vocal removal!!!
by on Sep 21, 2008 at 2:49:38 am

This has to be one of the most asked audio questions on the internet (this forum included). If you have to ask it again, you haven't done any research into it, at all.

Unless you've got the original recordings (masters), it ain't gonna happen. The best you can hope for is lowering of the vocals, and if you try to go too far with it, you'll begin to lose some of the stuff that you're trying to keep.

Save yourself time and anguish, by buying a karaoke version of the song. You might even get by with a midi version. There are programs available to change the instruments used in midi files, which can yield surprisingly good results (certainly better than what you'd end up with, by the time the vocals are completely inaudible).

Of course, I'm assuming you have taken the appropriate steps to securing permission to use this piece of music.

Return to posts index

Emmett AndrewsRe: vocal removal!!!
by on Sep 23, 2008 at 6:56:17 am

It depends entirely on how the song is mixed. If any stereo effects (including reverb) have been added to the voice, it won't work. You can't unbake a cake and you can't unmix a song. Some songs work very well, most don't.

Emmett

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]