FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stereo to mono problem

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jar Hur
Stereo to mono problem
on Jun 4, 2008 at 11:38:39 pm

When converting a file from stereo to mono, Audition severely suppresses the amplitude of the entire file. [see photo: tinyurl -dot- com/46l96m ] This happens when using both the Convert Sample Rate method, as well as exporting a file from multi-track.

It gets weirder: files that were recorded quite a while back will process this conversion just fine, but newer ones will not. All files are recorded in 16-bit 44100 stereo and saved as a Windows PCM wav file - so as far as I can tell there is no difference and I'm simply confounded.

And weirder still: I've also tried doing the conversion on a separate computer and that also will not work - so I'm convinced it has something to do with the way the file was recorded or saved, but I have no idea what. Any help provided will get you into heaven, thanks.

Return to posts index

Mike Aurand
Re: Stereo to mono problem
on Jun 6, 2008 at 4:56:37 am

When you convert it asks what percentage of each track you want. Make sure it's no less than 50%.

I guess it's also possible that your out of phase. That could cause your problem and explain why it follows you to another computer.

Even looking at your pictures it looks like phase could be your issue. On the left track the spike goes up and the right track it goes down.

Check the phase analysis.

Return to posts index

Tommy McNally
Re: Stereo to mono problem
on Jun 16, 2008 at 9:05:43 am

Try going to http://www.dontcrack.com and you should be able to find a half-decent free phase analyzer if the one in Audition doesn't do the job.

Hype Napungra

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]