FORUMS: list search recent posts

Popping P's Removal

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cait RybiskiPopping P's Removal
by on Jun 2, 2008 at 6:28:20 pm

I work at a college radio station and I do a lot of live on-air recordings of local musicians, and I try and edit them down to the best of my abilities- which are extremely ameteur, I will warn you now! Anyways, I was wondering how (or if) I can remove popping "p" , hard "wh" and sounds of that sort. I have Audition 1.5, and I have been playing around with a lot of the effects, but I'm not quite sure how to fix this one. The recordings are completely live, and most of the time they are just acoustic guitars with vocals, very simple. I don't have the luxury of re-recording the aduio (most of the time) or recording separate vocal and guitar tracks, it's all on one single file. Like I said, I am very new to audio editing, and I don't know a whole lot about frequencies and the like, so please don't rip on me too hard! I don't plan on pursuing this as a career of course, but I really enjoy learning about this kind of stuff and hope you are willing to help me with some of these basic problems. Thank you!
-Cait

Return to posts index

Emmett AndrewsRe: Popping P's Removal
by on Jun 2, 2008 at 8:44:55 pm

Just highlight the pop only and take all the low end from it. Use the graphic or parametric EQ or the FFT filter.

Emmett

Return to posts index

Mike AurandRe: Popping P's Removal
by on Jun 4, 2008 at 2:50:45 am

If the pop is very short you can zoom in on the spike and just turn it down.

Return to posts index

Damein GreenRe: Popping P's Removal
by on Jan 8, 2009 at 2:13:04 am

Center-channel extractor. Works like a charm without having to reduce the level.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]