FORUMS: list search recent posts

multitrack recording...

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dana L. Butler multitrack recording...
by on May 11, 2008 at 6:47:43 am

I'm recording from a keyboard. When I try to record a second channel (piano on one...adding strings) I keep getting channel one recording to channel two. How do I stop that and still be able to listen to channel one while I'm putting strings etc. to other channels? Very simple in Audacity...can't figure it out in Audition. Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Dana L. ButlerRe: multitrack recording...
by on May 15, 2008 at 3:37:30 am

Can anyone tell me how to record live to a second track while listening to the first track without recording the first track to the second? (Audition 1.5) ....Electric piano line in to computer.

Return to posts index

Derrick van NiekerkRe: multitrack recording...
by on May 21, 2008 at 9:13:27 pm

Your PC is probably recording is probably set to "What you hear", or "Wave Out mix". in the mixer settings.

change it to Line in only if the above is the case.

- Derrick

Return to posts index

by on May 22, 2008 at 4:18:26 am

Thanks Derrick...It was probably something like that. I tried every configuration possible and couldn't make it work...Then I removed my sound driver and reinstalled it....Now it works!

Return to posts index

Adam MonteithRe: multitrack recording...
by on Sep 7, 2009 at 3:10:44 am

If it's "very simple in Audacity," pleeeease tell me how. I feel like a dork, but I've been trying to figure it out on and off for months. Thank you!

Adam

Return to posts index

by on Sep 7, 2009 at 3:57:52 pm

Hey Adam, I feel your pain. All I know is: Audacity 1.2.3 will record a new track while I listen to the previously recorded track or tracks, without re-recording them to the new track. I do this by simply hitting the red record button. I have audacity 1.2.6 on another computer (the computer I record with Audition). For the life of me, I can't figure out how to do the same. I notice there's an Audacity 1.3.9 now, so I think I'll try that one. As for Audition, I finally found out I had to go into my windows 'mixer' and adjust my sliders until I found the right config that would do a playback without recording the playback.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 7, 2009 at 4:54:21 pm

I use Realtek audio manager on my editing computer...(the one with Audition and Audacity 1.2.6). I lucked into the solution. On the Realtek mixer I muted the stereo mix channel. That way I can hear recorded channels and not re-record them on the new channel I'm recording on. If you're using the windows mixer, try muting channels and see which works.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]