FORUMS: list search recent posts

controller for audition 3

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johnny Templeton
controller for audition 3
on Apr 22, 2008 at 5:56:06 pm

I got the behringer bcr2000 to control my plug-ins. It can't do that. Great for shortcuts and every knob and button shows up on the bottom of the screen when midi trigger is enabled but it doesn't work to change the parameters of the plugs or pan or gain or volume etc. Checked out the Novation Nocturne, Frontier design Alphatrack but plumped for the bcr2000. All the manufacturers say that will they work with Audition 3 but heres the reply I got from adobe.

"The short answer is that this is a functionality that Audition does not support. The problem is not with the Behringer, so purchasing a different controller will not resolve the problem. Audition is simply not designed to work this way. The midi triggers on the controller are for executing commands. They work the same as would a keyboard shortcut for the application. You can not hook up the midi triggers to variable parameters (such as for plug-ins). You must change the values for the plug-in within Audition and assign those values to the midi trigger."

Has anybody else had this problem with controllers and is there any controller will will work with AA3 (apart from the mackie!)

johnny

Return to posts index

Emmett Andrews
Re: controller for audition 3
on Apr 23, 2008 at 7:05:01 am

Many controllers will control transport, gain/volume, automation, pan, mute and solo. Anything that uses MAckie Control emulation is fine. This includes the BCF2000, but not the BCR2000. Audition's architecture will not support plug-in control.

Emmett

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]