FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to clean up MP3 vocal track for project

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom NicolTrying to clean up MP3 vocal track for project
by on Apr 17, 2008 at 3:06:18 am

Hello! I have been asked by a poet from 3000 miles away to provide some background music for a couple poems she is reading. I really want this to work, as I'm completely unknown and she is a moderately well-known poet. The problem is that the MP3s she's sending me are of very poor quality. The first one she sent was just really low volume - I was able to use Audacity to mix her poem at a really high volume and my music at a really low volume and it came out just good enough for a MySpace player, which is the goal, at least for now.
Now I've downloaded Adobe Audtion 3 because I want to collaborate not only with her but with other musicians and she has sent me another MP3 - and she'll be gone for a few days. This one is higher volume, but full of pops, cracks and hisses - particularly on the Ps and Ss. It sounds like she's actually bumping her mouth against the mike at times.
I went through the Audition 3 stuff on my own, found the place to remove pops and hisses, de-ess, etc., but when I put the piece back to remix with my music (using Sonar Home Studio), it sounded just as bad. Does anyone know of anything I'm doing wrong, or have some tips for me to make this sound tolerable? I know what I really need to do is tell her to send me a better file, but I'd like to try to get this to work if possible while she is away.

Thank you in advance for your replies!

Tom

Return to posts index

William BushRe: Trying to clean up MP3 vocal track for project
by on Apr 20, 2008 at 3:14:18 pm

Go into edit view and if you have a few seconds at the beginning before the music starts....use your mouse and highlight it...then goto effects...restoration...capture noise reduction profile...click ok....then highlight the whole track making sure the whole track is in view....then goto effects...restoration....noise reduction(process)...click ok....then go back to restoration....hiss reduction(process)...click ok... That should take care of it...Here is a link to a youtube video that explains it better

Return to posts index

Tom NicolRe: Trying to clean up MP3 vocal track for project
by on Apr 20, 2008 at 8:18:36 pm

Thank you very much for your detailed response. We have decided to bag this particular project, but I will be doing similar things in the future, so I have saved your instructions for potential later use. I appreciate your help.

Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]