FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any idea why no waveform visible when recording?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Black
Any idea why no waveform visible when recording?
on Apr 8, 2008 at 2:23:57 pm

Hello, I've got a perplexing problem with 1.5, which I've been using a long time with WinXP. Recently, when I click to record, the horizontal VU meters reflect incoming audio just fine, but there is no waveform visible, and when I stop recording, no waveform is visible (i.e. I have just recorded silence).

I've verified that I have good audio feeding in to my soundcard's line input (hence, the horizontal meters showing okay), and I've even tried connecting a second soundcard (but so far, no luck). In Options>Settings>General, I have the "Live update during recording" box checked. Is there any other setting that could be keeping the waveform from appearing or audio from actually being captured? I have lots of hard drive space.

Has anyone ever had this happen, and could this be something in Audition? Or am I more likely looking at some type of hardware- or Windows-related issue I still haven't caught?

Thanks!
David

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Any idea why no waveform visible when recording?
on Apr 8, 2008 at 4:35:52 pm

Check to see where you have the sensitivity set by right clicking on the VU itself ... I like to set mine at the lowest setting which is 0 to -35db I believe ....

incidental poet

Return to posts index

David Black
Re: Any idea why no waveform visible when recording?
on Apr 9, 2008 at 1:32:50 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked, and my meters are set to the 72dB range. I selected a few other settings while doing a test recording, and still no waveform, no audio actually recorded.

I also supplied a new audio feed into the computer (using a source I was 100% sure was feeding audio, just to rule out any sort of a cabling problem), and still nothing.

Maybe there's a simple reason why this is happening, but I'm still trying to figure it out!

David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]