FORUMS: list search recent posts

My mic wont stop picking up sound!!

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg GladdenMy mic wont stop picking up sound!!
by on Mar 31, 2008 at 9:12:28 am

Hey, I've just installed Adobe Audition 3.0 and I accidentally caused the microphones to pick up sound ALL the time, not just when I'm recording. I would like to bring it back to where the microphones only accept sound when I am recording. Please help!!!

greg

Return to posts index

Frank ThomasRe: My mic wont stop picking up sound!!
by on Apr 1, 2008 at 1:37:24 pm

I use the little switch on the side of the microphone.

Return to posts index

Greg GladdenRe: My mic wont stop picking up sound!!
by on Apr 2, 2008 at 1:29:09 am

funny, smart ass. First of all I have an Audio Technica P48 mic... there is no switch. Second of all I was asking about the program, not the mic. Third of all don't waste my time if you don't know anything about what's being talked about.

Return to posts index

Emmett AndrewsRe: My mic wont stop picking up sound!!
by on Apr 3, 2008 at 6:18:07 pm

This has nothing to do with the program. It is a setting in the soundcard. It sounds like you're probably using a consumer-grade card of some sort, in which case I can't provide much help. You'll just have to open your soundcard settings or Windows mixer and start messing around!

Emmett

Return to posts index

Greg GladdenRe: My mic wont stop picking up sound!!
by on Apr 3, 2008 at 9:25:47 pm

Thank you for the input! I still haven't figured it out, but I can work with what I have going on. Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Tommy McNallyRe: My mic wont stop picking up sound!!
by on Jun 16, 2008 at 9:24:47 am

If you get yourself a gate plug-in (try dontcrack.com) and apply it to the active track you can set a threshold where the audio will be allowed to pass through it e.g. setting it to gate below about -5dB will stop any signal quieter than -5dB from coming through. I don't know if this will work since Audition applies the effect directly rather than applying it in the way that Cubase does where you can have the plugin directly on the track but still manipulate it while recording.

Another suggest it to get yourself a better soundcard and/or preamp to give yourself more control over the input volume itself. If you're using the built-in soundcard and then it might be worth just trying to manually control the volume using the Windows sound manager.

Hope this helps in some way, if I think of anything else I'll let you know.

T

Hype Napungra

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]