FORUMS: list search recent posts

Volume matching between clips

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adhish Yajnik
Volume matching between clips
on Mar 18, 2008 at 9:08:51 pm

I have a clip in my timeline whose volume fluctuates. I want to put another clip into the timeline right on top of the first clip, and match the volume fluctuations without going through and finding the different volume changes and creating a bunch of envelope points. Is there a way to do this with any of the filters in Audition? I'm on Audition 2.0 by the way.

Thanks!

~ Adhish

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Volume matching between clips
on Mar 18, 2008 at 10:50:32 pm

No shortcuts here, sorry ... To do the job right you will have to lower and raise the volumes manually ... WILLIE

incidental poet

Return to posts index

Adhish Yajnik
on Mar 18, 2008 at 11:05:12 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply. I would have been waiting for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for awhile, haha. Guess I better get to work then!

~ Adhish

Return to posts index

Emmett Andrews
on Mar 19, 2008 at 4:26:41 pm

This is precicesly what the envelope follower is for...In the multitrack screen, you'll find it under "effects". It's not an easy tool to explain, so read the help file for operations help.

Emmett

Return to posts index

Adhish Yajnik
on Mar 20, 2008 at 6:58:42 am

Thanks, Emmett! That's exactly what I was looking for, it worked like a charm and certainly saved me a lot of work!

~ Adhish

Return to posts index

Emmett Andrews
on Mar 20, 2008 at 7:18:06 pm

I'm glad to hear that! It's a tool that I knew existed, but was never sure why. I mean, I've known what its funtion is, but I never thought of a practical use for it. So I'm glad to hear that there are situations where it becomes useful and I'm glad it works well!

Emmett

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]