FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is Clipping fixable?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Travis Lee MoserIs Clipping fixable?
by on Mar 11, 2008 at 3:20:46 pm

New to Adobe Audition. Is it possible to clean up clipping on audio tracks, and if so: what do I need to do exactly?

Return to posts index

Emmett AndrewsRe: Is Clipping fixable?
by on Mar 23, 2008 at 6:35:06 am

You can try clip restoration...It only works if the clipping occured digitally. The results are iffy at best. I've heard it do a nice job once, but usually, you're just out of luck.

Emmett

Return to posts index

Travis Lee MoserRe: Is Clipping fixable?
by on Mar 25, 2008 at 8:03:05 pm

Thank you, that's kind of what I thought. Anyone else with an idea? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Return to posts index

Piotr OnyszczukRe: Is Clipping fixable?
by on Feb 18, 2009 at 2:02:54 pm

In audio stuff usually clipping is a bad thing and the reason is badly adjusted signal level.
However, if you use cheap sound card for you recording the noise level is quite high , so you lose dynamics.Sometimes the signal vary a lot and if you turn down the level overall level is too low.
The solution is to apply analog dynamics processor with limiter before you feed you card.

If you have material with clipping you can not do much. You can try cut out high band depending on the expected quality. For internet broadcast it is sufficient.
If the clipping is occasional you can cut out distorted period of sound (miliseconds I mean) paying attention on the continuity of signal.
But if there is a lot of them I suggest repeating the recording.

Good luck,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]