FORUMS: list search recent posts

seperate speech

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bernard Ferguson
seperate speech
on Mar 11, 2008 at 4:21:42 am

hello...i was wondering. Suppose i have a audio file composed of someone talking and music in the background, is there any way to separate the speech from the music? Just to have the speech my itself? like if i want to add it to another audio file or just use it alone without the background music?

Return to posts index

Emmett Andrews
Re: seperate speech
on Mar 12, 2008 at 5:06:41 am

To put it simply, no. You can try to mess with the center channel extractor. How effective it is will depend entirely on the mix. Don't expect much.

Return to posts index

Bernard Ferguson
on Mar 15, 2008 at 3:33:34 am

well is there any way to turn it down? make the speech a little louder?

and what is the center channel extractor? i'm a complete novice with audition.

Return to posts index

Emmett Andrews
on Mar 16, 2008 at 7:30:23 am

Again, the basic answer is probably "no".

Let me compare it to something for you, as a lot of people wonder the same thing and ask similar questions...

If you bake a cake from scratch, beat the eggs, mix in all the ingredients, mix the batter, etc. Once the cake is baked, can you take out one of the eggs? It's basically the same thing that you're trying to accomplish.

Now, if the background noise was recorded in descrete stereo and the voice was recorded in mono and is panned center, the center channel extractor can help. You'll find it in your effects menu. There are various presets, including "acapella", which is the preset designed to remove the background and leave the vocal.

With serious time spent on careful EQ, you MIGHT be able to make the vocal appear a bit more upfront, but you'll probably ruin the overall sound in the process. Still, you can tinker with the graphic or parametric EQ and see what happens!

Emmett

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]