FORUMS: list search recent posts

tracks will not match

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve willistracks will not match
by on Feb 21, 2008 at 1:17:48 am

Why is it when i record multiple tracks they never match up? WTF this should be really basic stuff, i'm not trying to record a dam orchestra.

I play acoustic rythm on 1 track and solo on track 2 but the timing is way off. WTF is wrong with this garbage program? Really pisses me off.

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: tracks will not match
by on Feb 21, 2008 at 4:45:53 am

First off what version of audition are you running? 2.0 just has a ton of problems ... I haven't done much with 3.0 but what I have done has given me reason for pause ... I am happy with 1.5 and don't see any reason to change ... What kind of soundcard do you have, it could be causing the latency issue? What is your recording setup to the computer, (do you go through a board, audio interface, or direct into the computer via mic or line in) What are your computers spec's ... Audition may have trouble if you have vista as an operating system ... Personally I don't ever recall having this problem ... Need to know your session settings, are you recording in 441? Did you try to uninstall and reinstall ............ WILLIE

incidental poet

Return to posts index

steve willisRe: tracks will not match
by on Feb 21, 2008 at 5:54:46 am

I have 1.5 and i am just using the line in(mic in) nothing else. I'm using soundblaster 24 bit soundcard. I knew this wasn't right and thanks for the response. Yes, i am using 44100,32 bit recording (whatever that means).
I have a GATEWAY 3.0Ghz. Dual core PC with 3 Hard drives @ 160GB each, That's 450GB Hard Drive space. Everytime i try to record multiple track they never line up although i record them in perfect timing.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 21, 2008 at 5:58:03 am

I'm also running windows XP. I want nothing to do with vista at this point.

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: tracks will not match
by on Feb 21, 2008 at 2:58:11 pm

Steve,

I can safely say that it's not Audition but I would still try to remove completely and re-install ... What is the speed on your hard drives? How much ram do you have? I record on external hard drives connected via USB 2 and still don't have latency problems ... Your record setup is acceptable ... If Emmet is out there maybe he might have some ideas ... What format are you recording in? You should be recording your tracks as WAV files ............. WILLIE

incidental poet

Return to posts index

by on Feb 21, 2008 at 8:04:19 pm

This is weird. When i open Adobe it says in the bottom right corner 44100, 32 Bit mixing. But when i look up the individual tracks in windows, it say 16 Bit.

Another weird thing about latency. The SECOND track is always the one that's going too fast. It's a step ahead in timing and keeps progressing.

Return to posts index

Emmett AndrewsRe: tracks will not match
by on Feb 21, 2008 at 11:43:30 pm

Options > Settings > Multitrack

Make sure "Correct for Drift" and "Correct for start sync" are checked.

If that doesn't solve the issue, you'll probably need to upgrade to something better than a consumer card.

Emmett

Return to posts index

by on Feb 22, 2008 at 12:08:23 am

HAHAHA! I just found that in another thread, tested it and it worked. Then i checked my E-mail and there you were telling me the same thing.
Thanks man.
I wonder why that isn't checked by default? I also wonder why it can be disabled?

Return to posts index

Emmett AndrewsRe: tracks will not match
by on Feb 22, 2008 at 7:18:10 pm

I have wondered the same thing. There must be a reason for it, but I don't know what it would be. Maybe it takes more processing power and some people don't need the feature. Or maybe it has to be disabled if you want to sync to an external word clock. Just a couple of wild guesses.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]