FORUMS: list search recent posts

buses, playback, midi, details...

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Greenbuses, playback, midi, details...
by on Feb 11, 2008 at 11:22:21 pm

I’m very new to Audition and I maybe you can help me. Having made some use of Cool Edit Pro 2 for a few years I understand the basics but I have a number of questions about some detailed aspects...

1) Buses: In Audition, it is possible to send the output of any (or all) tracks to a single bus instead of the mix. In Cool edit I used to sometimes send all tracks to a bus for some final effect, like a limiter for example. This didn’t tax the processor too much. In audition, when I try to send all tracks to a bus track a *lot* of clicking and distortion and cutting out results. Bringing down the input volume on the bus seems to remedy this, but it makes things very quiet. My question is, is this a processing thing (slowing down) or am I not using the bus correctly?

2) Occasionally in multi-track view, playback becomes stretched, in time and pitch, very noticeably and drastically (like about half speed). I have no idea what is triggering this, or whether it is a program bug. It isn’t file-related, because restarting the application fixes it. Am I activating something by hitting some key?

3) Playing a midi track through VST instruments is nicely in synch with audio, however playing midi through an external instrument subtly goes out of time. How do I synch external midi playback?

I’ve probably forgotten some of the other questions I meant to ask so I’ll pop back later.
Thanks!
-
Tom.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]