FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can you make Soundbooth look and act like Audition?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Quattrini
Can you make Soundbooth look and act like Audition?
on Jan 27, 2008 at 10:18:01 pm

I think the setup of soundbooth is horrendous. I can`t find anything I need or am used to using. Is there any way to set it up to look and function like Audition 2.0? I loved Audition since it was built off Cool Edit which I've used since 2000.

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Can you make Soundbooth look and act like Audition?
on Jan 28, 2008 at 2:14:33 am

Wait! What is that sucking sound? Why it must be soundbooth ... Go back to Audition you will be better for it ... Adobe created this fine software, (ok maybe fine should be replaced with Ka-Ka) because they were getting feedback from some video guys saying that Audition was just too much program for their needs, personally I think they should have taken a better survey before spending time and money on soundbooth, maybe a VP at Adobe needed work for a family member, anyway personally I am still using Audition with Pre Pro .......... WILLIE

incidental poet

Return to posts index

Nathan Quattrini
on Jan 28, 2008 at 6:18:03 am

problem being I only have Audition at work :( I bought CS3 for home use. Is there any way to get Audition still? I know they phase everything out once a new version (as crap as it may be) comes along

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Jan 28, 2008 at 2:15:20 pm

E-mail me at loganonestudio@aol.com and I can help you out with that ............ WILLIE

incidental poet

Return to posts index

Shawn Michael Lee
on Mar 5, 2008 at 7:42:00 pm

You can get Audition 3.0 now. Saddly, the context menu for Premiere Pro has changed in CS3. Now it says "edit audio in Adobe Soundbooth" instead of "edit audio in Adobe Audition." It's a real pain to export audio to Audition now.

Soundbooth=complete waste.

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Mar 5, 2008 at 8:08:14 pm

Well, I have to disagree with you about exporting into audition ... Personally I just export the audio from Pre Pro and then insert it into the session side of audition, clean it up and then replace the original audio with the edited version in Pre Pro, it may add about 30 seconds to the edit time ................... WILLIE

incidental poet

Return to posts index

Shawn Michael Lee
on Mar 7, 2008 at 6:19:11 pm

That's great if it's one or two clips in a timeline... If I'm editing 12 interviews into a 30 minute program, each needs individual attention. That's selecting the range for each indvidual clip, turning off all other audio tracks such as ambient or music, export to audio, import said file into audition, clean it, save as a new file, import that into PrePro, place it on a new audio track hoping that it syncs exactly, do this 12 more times, turn all audio tracks back on, and reselect the entire project range.

All this vs right click, edit as audition, edit in audition, save.

Little more than 30 secs here.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]