FORUMS: list search recent posts

Extracting audio from avi file problem

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tiffany Mulcahy
Extracting audio from avi file problem
on Nov 27, 2007 at 5:42:13 am

Hope someone can help :-)

I tried to extract audio from an avi file and it seems to extract it at half pace - very slow audio. I had a go at it in Multichannel and it extracted the vision perfectly but still the audio was half the speed it should have been.

Can anyone help me out with this dilema - is there an 'option' that needs to be ticked. I am running an old version of Audition (1.5)

Your help is greatly appreciated
cheers
tiff

Return to posts index

Blast1
Re: Extracting audio from avi file problem
on Nov 27, 2007 at 5:44:43 pm

What kind of avi file, avi is a generic term for many different types of audio video combinations. If you don't know what type of file you can download g-spot from the net, it will identify the file parameters.

Return to posts index

xgfmedia
on Nov 28, 2007 at 1:47:25 pm

It sounds like your video is running at - for example, either
50 or 60FPS - but Audition is importing the audio at regular
25FPS (PAL) or 29FPS (NTSC) settings.

If you speed up your audio by 200% in Audition in may solve
the problem.

Effects - Time/Pitch - Stretch - Speed Up - Ratio dailed to
'200'(%)

This problem is much easier to solve with an edit suite.

D.

x-gf.com

Return to posts index

Tiffany Mulcahy
on Nov 28, 2007 at 11:21:03 pm

THanks both of you for your reply

I was going to try the speed up thing next but I was unsure how easy it would be to sync up the audio but there is no harm trying

Cheers
tiff

Return to posts index

xgfmedia
on Nov 29, 2007 at 11:58:59 am

If your video is running at 50FPS but the audio's at 25FPS
it'll sync up perfectly. If not, then you're in the realms
of pulldown and audio drift - but again, not difficult with
an NLE or After Effects.

D.

x-gf.com

Return to posts index

Murray Nelson
on Dec 9, 2007 at 8:48:33 pm

When you find out what your audio sampling rate is on the avi using the aforementioned properties determining program then click new on AA1.5 and set your audio sample rate to match. Then import the file.
By the way as a very long time user of Cool Edit Pro 2.1 and AA 1.5 AA 2.0 AA 3.0. Consider yourself lucky you haven't upgraded. I have already lost $200 on the stupidity of Adobe's upgrades. 1.5 still works the best!

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Dec 10, 2007 at 3:50:26 pm

I have just downloaded the demo for 3.0 to see if I wanted to purchase the upgrade, I think I am stickin with 1.5 ... I have been slaming 2.0 all year, to the point that a tech working on 3.0 e-mailed me wanting to know why ... So I answered in a few short words saying "because it sucks!!!!" The tech asured me that Adobe was working on all the problems that 2.0 had, but I think maybe they have created more ... I didn't really get into it but it looks like the single noise removal tool which I use a lot since I shoot an outdoors show, has been changed and doesn't seem as user friendly as in the past where you highlight and click on repair trancient in your fav. files ... 1.5 is solid and does what I want and need so I am thinking that newer may not be better ... I have one other question for Adobe, Soundbooth???? What were you thinkin when you came up with this one????? That's my story and I am stickin to it ....... WILLIE

Return to posts index

xgfmedia
on Dec 11, 2007 at 12:36:31 pm

Soundbooth disappoints on just about every level, eh?
Then again, so does Soundtrack, it's natural competition.

D.

x-gf.com

Return to posts index

Blast1
on Dec 13, 2007 at 7:58:33 pm

[willie toth] " I have one other question for Adobe, Soundbooth???? What were you thinkin when you came up with this one?????"
It looks like it belongs to the Elements series, some bright nickle squeezer probably figured they could make more money by eliminating Audition from the production bundles so you would have to buy it seperate.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]