FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using a USB mic with Audition 2.00

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tonyor
Using a USB mic with Audition 2.00
on Nov 10, 2007 at 8:18:05 pm

Hi, I have just bought a Samson USB Studio Condenser Microphone but Adobe Audition 2.00 cannot see it. I get the following message when I try to access it:

"The selected input port or ASIO driver is invalid. Please change your settings in the audio hardware setup dialogue".

However, most of the time the Audio Hardware Setup option is grayed out and when I can get into it, the default input drop down list is also grayed out with the word "None" in it.

This is really odd because all of my other recording software can see the mic with no problems, including Windows Sound Recorder.

By the Way, I've got Windows Vista Home Premium edition.

A friend suggested I should download Asio4all and I did but it made no difference.

Anybody got any ideas?

Many thanks,

Tony

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Using a USB mic with Audition 2.00
on Nov 11, 2007 at 12:30:50 am

First thing you should know is that 2.0 sucks really bad and it wasn't written to work on a vista operating system although there are some that have had minimal luck using vista ... I don't have 2.0 on any of my computers but in 1.5 on the SESSION side go to OPTIONS > DEVICE PROPERTIES
Across the top there should be a tab that says REWIRE click on the tab and then click on ENABLE, it should show your mic ... For further help go to HELP > CONTENTS then to REWIRE WORKING WITH Hope this solves your problem .... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Tonyor
on Nov 11, 2007 at 10:40:41 am

Hey Willie, thanks for your advice there. I should have mentioned that we do also have 1.5 and that the mic works fine with it and all other Windows based audio software. It's just AA 2.00 that we have problems with.

I've a feeling that the answer is, as you suggest, that 2.00 is not designed to work with Vista or USB mics. However, if anyone else knows of some other silly little mistake I've made that could be causing this, please let me know.

Many thanks,

Tony

Return to posts index

Emmett
on Nov 12, 2007 at 8:35:07 pm

Try downloading ASIO4ALL. It typically helps with ASIO related problems found in 2.0. However, Vista may very well be the issue.

Emmett

Return to posts index

Kumar Kumar
on Jan 17, 2008 at 8:41:42 pm

I think I know the answer to your problem. I also faced the same problem and solved it myself.

Goto
Edit -> Audio Hardware Setup.

Now under the "Edit View" tab you will see the button "Control Panel..."
Click on that button.
In the next window you will see two groups

1)DirectSound Ouput Ports
2)DirectSound Input Ports

Under DirectSound Input Ports whatever is present, you will see that it is not selected. Select it (a cross mark appears) and then click OK and OK.
Thats it! Everything should be fine :)
Enjoy...

Return to posts index

John Ferguson
on Jan 19, 2008 at 3:19:58 am

Hello. Did the suggestion above help?
Contact me if not :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]