FORUMS: list search recent posts

Soundbooth - editng 1 channel of stereo

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dpdenverSoundbooth - editng 1 channel of stereo
by on Sep 26, 2007 at 3:32:49 pm

Been exploring with Soundbooth - imported stereo audio - and saw that 1 section only had channel 1. All I wanted to do was copy the section of channel 1 audio and paste it into channel 2 audio below channel 1.

Keyboard/Menu exploring and the help file failed to get me to understand how to do that - which I would have thought would have been almost intuitve in the program.

What am I missing ?

Colorado Liquid User Group meets 3rd Tuesday every month.

Return to posts index

Willie TothRe: Soundbooth - editng 1 channel of stereo
by on Sep 26, 2007 at 6:08:10 pm

If it's like Audition, all you have to do is right click on the channel you want to copy to and then "mixdown either stereo or mono" ... I might suggest that you read the help file for soundbooth ... Personally I think it is a low grade audio editor and you would be best served by upgrading to Audition ........ WILLIE

Return to posts index

dpdenverRe: Soundbooth - editng 1 channel of stereo
by on Sep 27, 2007 at 3:38:35 pm

Thanks Willie. However, in that respect I don't think it is like Audtion - and I read and searched the help file and can't find anything on working in seperate audio channels - hence the reason for my post.

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Soundbooth - editng 1 channel of stereo
by on Sep 27, 2007 at 6:13:28 pm

OK, Try this ... Do a mixdown of the original track see if you can delete the channel you don'want ... Repeat for the other channel this way you have the right and left channels on seprate tracks ... If soundbooth won't do this then E-mail me at loganonestudio@aol.com and we will find another way to get the job done ............... WILLIE

Return to posts index

dpdenverRe: Soundbooth - editng 1 channel of stereo
by on Sep 28, 2007 at 2:54:20 am

Thanks again Willie. I started looking at the Adobe forums to see if there was an answer - and found "Single-channel editing was a feature we were unable to include in version 1.0 of Soundbooth."

I was using soundbooth cause it came with CS3 - and I wanted to see how it worked. Just thought single channel editing would be a feature - can't imagine that it is not. It wasn't that I couldn't get it done - it was that I couldn't get it done in Soundbooth - and it was driving me nuts not to be able to find it.

I'll fire up Audtion2 and it's a piece of cake - as it should have been in Soundbooth.

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Soundbooth - editng 1 channel of stereo
by on Sep 28, 2007 at 3:21:58 am

The bottom line here is that Adobe put a really crappy audio editor in CS3, Why? I was told by a tech working on Audition 3.0 that they were getting complants that Audition was just too much program for a good number of video guys ... Oh well that's life ............ WILLIE

Return to posts index

David ZiegelheimRe: Soundbooth - editng 1 channel of stereo
by on Mar 11, 2009 at 11:23:35 pm

Actually, there is a way to do it. You can export the tracks to two mono tracks in the File menu.

Return to posts index

Tristan ChaikaRe: Soundbooth - editng 1 channel of stereo
by on Mar 23, 2009 at 4:13:37 am

Thanks for the post. I was just looking into this myself. I thought I was crazy for not being able to figure out how to edit individual tracks. I had a stereo recording with only one channel recorded to. I just wanted to copy it to the left channel for a stereo sound. That seems like one of the most basic features any audio editing system would have.

Exporting the tracks to mono tracks and then importing two of them wouldn't have worked because I wanted to completely get rid of the left channel which had a slight line hum.

I ended up downloading Audacity for free and fiddling around with that until I got what I needed. Though that interface is pretty shabby, and it was more difficult than it should have been.

I usually use Sound Forge for that kind of stuff, but I don't have it at home.

Return to posts index

Pierre-Yves SaumontRe: Soundbooth - editng 1 channel of stereo
by on Aug 2, 2009 at 3:33:50 pm

Although Soundbooth presents many regressions compared to Audition (aka Cool Edit pro !), the main problem seems to be the documentation. Copying one chanel over the other is indeed very simple:

1. Export yuur file to separate channels (File > Export > Chanels to mono files).

(Please note that this is a translation from the French version of Soundbooth.)

You should get two files with the same name as the original an "_L" and "_R" sufixes.)

2. Open the file corresponding to channel you need and use "Save as". In the "Options" dialog box, select "Stereo" instead of "Mono"

This is a workaround to Tristan's problem. Compared to Auditon, it is like copying 100% of R + 0% of L to L (or the opposite). Compared to what one could do with Auditon, it's a regression, and not a small one!

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Chris LognionRe: Soundbooth - editng 1 channel of stereo
by on Oct 28, 2009 at 9:03:36 pm

I was frustrated until I tried this:

Use the Audio Effect:Left or Right Fill in Premiere and the Extract to Soundbooth. Works Perfect and fast for duplicating one channel to the other.

Return to posts index

Jack MorinRe: Soundbooth - editng 1 channel of stereo
by on Nov 30, 2009 at 10:24:31 pm

Thanks, Chris. I have been beating my head on my wrist pad half the day trying to figure this out. Your post, and the previous one by Pierre-Yves Saumont gave me two ways to do it.
Thanks again - my head feels better already.

jk

Return to posts index

Robert ImbrialeRe: Soundbooth - editng 1 channel of stereo
by on Jul 19, 2011 at 10:25:11 pm

This works and is so fast you won't think it did anything.. but then look at both channels of your audio, and they will now be exactly the same! Thanks for the tip!

Return to posts index

Stuart MarksRe: Soundbooth - editng 1 channel of stereo
by on Jul 18, 2011 at 3:54:42 am

Thanks much for the refresher on handling the left right treack issues in SoundBooth.

Needed it today while editing a wedding I shot a couple of Saturdays ago.

Stu.
stu@EZWebPlayer.com

Return to posts index

Karl MorkunasRe: Soundbooth - editng 1 channel of stereo
by on Jan 5, 2010 at 6:31:34 pm

I read and tried the solutions prevented above, but found this solution to work best for Soundbooth CS4:

Adobe Soundbooth: Mono to Stereo

1. Drag and Drop Audio into Interface
2. Right click and choose “Insert Channels into New Multitrack File”
3. Delete the Empty Channel
4. Copy and Paste the channel with the audio (i.e. L1) & drag and drop into the empty channel (i.e. R1)
5. You now have Stereo sound with audio in both channels

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]