FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keep voice remove music..how to?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jack halsey
Keep voice remove music..how to?
on Sep 24, 2007 at 4:41:27 pm

Hello

I am doing a character animation using a lip sync software. The problem is that the characters lips move in time to every thing during the song like the guitars and the drums..I was told I could fix this by isolating the voice.

So how do I remove the music and keep the voice. Now the voice does NOT have to be perfect at all the sound isnt important as I will add the original song with music later..I just need the music removed and keep the voice..kinda a reverse karaoke.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

MarkofCain
Re: Keep voice remove music..how to?
on Sep 24, 2007 at 10:02:12 pm

You can try

Effects --> Filters --> Center Channel Extractor.

there are some presets to try and some values to change for yourself.

What you are trying is like the attempt to get the white off of snow -- you generally ruin the snow in the process.

The problem is that the human voice generally fits into a frequency range of 85 HZ to 3500 Hz when you consider fundamental and harmonics. There is also a whole lot of music that fits into that same range. Thus to remove most of the music would mean removing most of the voice as well.

Here is a work around. Who says you have to use the song to drive the characters mouth? Sing the song Acapella into a recording then run two audio files, the Acapella file to drive the mouth movement and the full mix for the hearer.

HTH,

Mark Cain
Sarasota, FL

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Keep voice remove music..how to?
on Sep 24, 2007 at 11:43:47 pm

Unless the voice is already on a seperate track there isn't any way for you to isolate it ......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]