FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need Help with removing hiss...

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
antennaball22
Need Help with removing hiss...
on Sep 9, 2007 at 7:51:13 pm

Using Audition 2.0, have a clip where the Lav mic didn't pick up properly (too low) in an outside environment. So on import, the audio is clear, but too low to hear without boosting Db levels, which causes a lot of hiss. I know that sound is pretty much GIGO (garbage in garbage out), but i ws hoping someone knew an effective way of removing hiss, i.e. frequency identificationa nd removal, etc, that i could use in lieu of, or in concert with, the Remove Hiss features in Audition. Apologize if this is a redundant post, i tried to search on similar questions before this posting, but to no avail. Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can offer.

Thanks Much!!!

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Need Help with removing hiss...
on Sep 9, 2007 at 10:55:16 pm

You can try this ...

Bring the clip into the edit side and highlight a small section of JUST NOISE then go to EFFECTS > NOISE REDUCTION > NOISE REDUCTION > CAPTURE PROFILE > OK ... Now highlight the whole clip and go back to the noise reduction filter, use the PREVEIW and BYPASS to check your settings and then OK ... CAUTION to not over do it ... Start at about 60% and work up from there clicking the BYPASS off and on till you get enough of the noise out so it's not distracting but doesn't affect the voice if you take too much the voice can get really ugly ... If you need more help let me know .......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

antennaball22
on Sep 10, 2007 at 4:19:02 am

NICE!!! vocal is a bit muffled, but it's going over a background music, so it's clean enough. I hadn't thought to grab the sample before rather than try to gather the profile during the Noise Reduction filter. Thanks Much Willie!!!

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Sep 10, 2007 at 10:04:49 am

Glad I could help .......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]