How to remove room echo

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcowcow
emalik
How to remove room echo
on Sep 4, 2007 at 9:14:58 am

Hi,
I have a issue that after recording some videos for our office project, when we captured it an listen to the audio we found that there is some horrible room echo in the audio.After a searching on the internet i come to know that this can be done probably in adobe audition but i did not found a easy tutorial in my search.So kindly could someone please tell me how can i do that or give a link of a tutorial...please keep in mind i am new to adobe audition.

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: How to remove room echo
on Sep 4, 2007 at 12:25:46 pm

Sorry, but there isn't an effective way to remove ambiant room echo ... I have had some minor success but at the expense of the audio ... It comes down to echo or very bad audio without it, (oh there is always going to be a hint of it even if you can remove some) I think the best option here is to reshoot if possible, if not possible I think you may have to live with it ............. WILLIE

Return to posts index

emalik
on Sep 12, 2007 at 5:23:00 am

Thanks willie toth for your reply..
But issue is that i cant shoot it again because of some technical issues so, i am already planning to take voice over...

Return to posts index

juan banchero
on Jul 16, 2012 at 3:36:07 pm

Import your video in Sony Vegas. in the audio layer add a "Smooth/Enhance" plugin set it at -3 to -5 and that will reduce dramatically the echo but isn't perfect. maybe you need to duplicate the original audio layer and reduce it about -15 dB. to recover some ambience sound.

If you recording with a real stereo mic. (2 heads, not just stereo output) you can try reduce echo. by duplucating de audio and inverting the waves of each channel, and then inverting the channels itself.

That gonna delete any sound doesn't comming from the space between the 2 head of your stereo mic. but if the echo is comming from behind of your setereo mic position that doen't gonna work properlly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]