FORUMS: list search recent posts

Voiceover Solutions

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Old Man In The Garden
Voiceover Solutions
on Aug 27, 2007 at 1:34:10 pm

I'd love some advice on a voiceover solution.

We're going to be doing some instructional videos for our customers to broadcast on the web and they will feature a narration. I've been doing the vo's onto tape in my camera and then capturing into Premiere but I'd like to capture directly onto the computer.

Can anyone tell me a good setup, something that sounds nice but this will be for web and will be only used for a single voice, hopefully directly into a Mac.

Thanks

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Voiceover Solutions
on Aug 27, 2007 at 2:09:25 pm

OK, do you currently have a mixing board and preferably a large diaphragm mic? If so what I do is view the video on one screen while recording into Audition ... The reason you need a mixer or at least a preamp is because you don't get enough gain plugging the mic directly into the computer ... If you don't have mic's and mixer you can record from your camcorder directly into Pre Pro using your camcorder (via firewire) as the link ... Just put your camcorder in record mode, (you don't actually have to record with the camcorder just have it set to the record option) open the capture screen and hit record just like you would do if you were to capture from your camcorder ... I would make sure that you are close enough to the camcorder with your camcorder gain about 50% this way you have a better chance of not picking up any ambient room noise ......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Bimdas
on Aug 28, 2007 at 7:53:04 am

An easy and cheap setup for you would be to get one of those usb condenser mics from samson or mxl. No need for a preamp as the mic gets the power over the usb cable plus the audio signal gets recorded through it as well. More than adequate quality for web broadcasting.

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Aug 28, 2007 at 11:33:16 am

This is all well and good if you are going to do a lot of voice overs and have the extra money to spend ... Most camcorders have an OK condenser mic and anything lacking in depth can be EQ'd in ... I am all for getting great equipment and I think this post is certainly an asset, but it's always nice to have the option to use what you already have ... The one thing that is inportant to know here is that you will have to purchase a mic in the 150+ range anything lower isn't much better than the camcorder mic ... So I guess it comes down to use what you have or spend a couple hundred on a new piece of equipment that going to give you negligible results ............. WILLIE

Return to posts index

Blast1
on Sep 2, 2007 at 11:43:34 pm

If you want to go directly into the computer you can get a USB mike as quoted and annotate directly into Ppro audio tracks, for info on Ppro's voiceover capability look in the help index under "V" -> voiceover, Ppro has about 20 some effects including a multiband compressor and parametric equalizer for audio touchup.
Samson has three usb mikes, two condenser, C01U/C01UCW $89, 19mm diaphram 40hz-16khz, some computer control via usb for volume and low freq rolloff, the other is a Dynamic C1UCW $59 50hz-16khz, the mics are Hypercardioid to minimize extraneous noise.
Another usb condenser is called the "Blue Snowball" $99,popular with podcasters and some small groups have been using a couple of them with laptops sans a mixer to minimize equipment overhead. There also are applets for some control of the volume and rolloff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]