FORUMS: list search recent posts

Seperating tracks

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gego56Seperating tracks
by on Jul 26, 2007 at 2:45:57 pm

Hi
Is there any way I can work with mono tracks and not stereo tracks in Audition 2.0? I'm exporting from Edius 4 as a PCM file but both channels end up in one track, I want to seperate them to two mono tracks.

thx

Return to posts index

Willie TothRe: Seperating tracks
by on Jul 26, 2007 at 4:21:03 pm

OK, this is going to sound involved but it's not ... First do 2 mixdowns of your original track ... On the session side click on the original track so it's selected then move to the track below, right click and go to MIXDOWN > MIXDOWN/BOUNCE SELECTED TRACK STEREO, now repeat on track 3 ... Take the first mixdown to the edit side, hightlight one of the channels and go to EFFECTS > AMPLITUDE > AMPLIFY/FADE and amplify by -300db ... Take the track back to the session side and select it ... Go to an empty track and right click MIXDOWN > MIXDOWN SLECTED WAVE MONO ... Repeat this for the second mixdown of the original track only make sure you delete the other channel on the edit side ......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

gego56Re: Seperating tracks
by on Aug 13, 2007 at 11:52:55 am

Thanks Willie!

Its sounds complicated, I'll have a go, I just wonder what adobe have been thinking.

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Seperating tracks
by on Aug 13, 2007 at 12:21:40 pm

It may sound complicated but as I said it isn't ... This is a normal way that, (at least I would) isolate the channels in a stereo track ... Audition gives you the option of just mixing down to mono but you mixdown both tracks into one ............ WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]