FORUMS: list search recent posts

removing voice

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bluesixremoving voice
by on Jul 24, 2007 at 8:57:28 pm

I have been trying to remove my voice direction from an audio wav file. In edit mode I select the area where I am speaking and select mute. That works nice, I place some backround noise from another part of the audio in track 2 and it flows nicely. Problem is I can only mute once. I try and select the next area where my voice is and select mute but it is greyed out.

I also have a similar problem in spectral frequency mode. I attempt to cut out the selected portion where my voice is and it just doesn't let me do it.

Where am I going wrong?

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: removing voice
by on Jul 25, 2007 at 12:17:04 am

Here is what you do ... Highlight the area as you were doing, but then go to the EFFECTS > AMPLITUDE > AMPLIFY/FADE and then amplify by -300db ... This will take care of your problem ... On the Session side you can always highlight the section you want to remove and right click on the higlighted area and then click on CUT and it will remove it ............... WILLIE

Return to posts index

bluesixRe: removing voice
by on Jul 26, 2007 at 4:20:16 am

Hello,

That would seem to be a good solution but the CUT option is also greyed out. I am again able to make an edit once like CUT or MUTE but the next time I make a selection those edit options are all greyed out.

Return to posts index

EmmettRe: removing voice
by on Jul 26, 2007 at 7:33:27 am

You aren't, by chance, trying to play as you edit, are you? You cannot edit while playback occurs.

Emmett

Return to posts index

bluesixRe: removing voice
by on Jul 27, 2007 at 3:11:49 pm

No, I use the selection tool to move forward to the peaks. I figured a tedious way of fixing the greyout, after I edit a selection and select another one, all options are greyed out, but if I switch tools from Time Selection to Scrub tool, hit anywhere on the timeline, then go back to the Time Selection tool, the options are no longer grey.

Pain in the rear but I don't know what else to do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]