FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help with Audio Cassete Tape Conversion

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
motiongraphics01Help with Audio Cassete Tape Conversion
by on Jul 10, 2007 at 11:29:47 pm

Hello All,

I have to convert a bunch of audio cassete tapes to a Digital Format for archival purposes and then take different quotes from the 24 hours+ of audio and save them out as individual files. I'm comfortable with Audition and have no prolem with this part of the project. However the kicker of the issue is The Logs from which I need to pull the quotes are from a old Linear Tape Counter - it is not in Minutes and Seconds. Assuming that the person logging the tape Zeroed the Counter at the beginning of each tape is there any way to approximate where these places will be in the file. Is there a tape counterish time display format or something along those lines. Any advice would be appreciated although I know it will not be possible to relog the tapes at this point in time. The only solution I've come up with is to Convert them for archival purposes and then re-digitize the portions I need according to the cassette log with a cassete player with a linear counter. If anyone knows another way I would love some advice.

Thanks,

Tim

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Help with Audio Cassete Tape Conversion
by on Jul 11, 2007 at 1:36:26 am

Just right click on the counter and it will give you several options ...

Return to posts index

motiongraphics01Re: Help with Audio Cassete Tape Conversion
by on Jul 11, 2007 at 2:34:16 am

Yeah, I've seen this option but I can't find anything that is similiar to a linear tape counter...

Return to posts index

by on Jul 11, 2007 at 2:41:38 am

OK, I would then run a known amount of the tape, compair it to the counter in Audition this should give you a ratio you can work with .......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

motiongraphics01Re: Help with Audio Cassete Tape Conversion
by on Jul 11, 2007 at 2:45:31 am

Thanks, That makes Sense.. I will try this tomorrow...

Tim

Return to posts index

by on Jul 11, 2007 at 2:48:47 am

Tim,

I think it should be effective, it will get you into the ballpark anyway ............ WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]