FORUMS: list search recent posts

CLICKS IN TRANSLATION

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tonyman
CLICKS IN TRANSLATION
on Jul 6, 2007 at 11:32:26 am

In an earlier thread I mentioned that when I open some wav files from CDs using Audition I would get scratching, clicking noises during some sonically intense periods in the sound. Someone mentioned that it might be my sound card. These distortions also occur when I just play the CD with the windows media player. My card is the SB Audigy 2 ZS. Can anyone recommend a better card?

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: CLICKS IN TRANSLATION
on Jul 7, 2007 at 10:28:30 am

Personally I use a Layla, but I have had a lot of luck with just a simple soundblaster card ... Check and make sure that your settings on your windows mixer and on your soundcard mixer are not causing it to go into saturation ... It's a long shot but it doesn't hurt to look at everything ............ WILLIE

Return to posts index

MarkofCain
on Jul 8, 2007 at 1:50:46 am

I had a crazy noise that would show up occasionally, -- like a heart beat -- maybe once every 20 seconds -- but it was only on one channel. It would show up while listening and while recording. I had no idea what it was and for the most part tried to live with it -- then one day I discovered a "hot key" monitor for my video card that was being loaded at bootup.

I removed the driver (just for that hot key) and voil

Return to posts index

Tonyman
on Jul 8, 2007 at 5:27:43 pm

I think I am going to call creative sb about this. If they can't help then perhaps I will look at a different card.

Return to posts index

Tonyman
on Jul 8, 2007 at 5:35:51 pm

This Layla card looks like the BOSS. Is it for instrumental inputs as well as cd audio?

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Jul 8, 2007 at 5:51:15 pm

I have been using a Layla for years and am sold on it ... With the G-3 there are 2 ways to go, PCI or Firewire check with Echo to make sure your chipset is compatible with the PCI unit ... From what I was told by Echo, the firewire hasn't any compatibility issues to speak of ... Here is the link for the unit ...

http://www.americanmusical.com/item.aspx?i=ECH%20LAYLA3G

Here is the link for Echo

http://www.echoaudio.com/

WILLIE

Return to posts index

Emmett
on Jul 8, 2007 at 6:45:38 pm

Recommended inexpensive PCI interfaces:

E-mu 0404
Echo MiaMIDI
M-Audio Audiophile 2496
M-Audio Audiophile 192

Return to posts index

Tonyman
on Jul 9, 2007 at 6:55:22 pm

One flash of anxiety. Could this problem be my DVD/CD firmware. I'd hate to buy a great new soundcard and find out its the CD reader. Well, not really, but you understand.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]