FORUMS: list search recent posts

what is soundbooth CS3

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tonymanwhat is soundbooth CS3
by on Jun 27, 2007 at 12:33:39 am

How does the Soundbooth CS3 product compare to Audition 2.0? Has anyone tried it?

Return to posts index

MarkofCainRe: what is soundbooth CS3
by on Jun 27, 2007 at 11:54:13 pm

Here is Adobe's comparison of the two. Here's my take on it: If you are more technical in the audio venue, Audition is for you. If you are a video editor and it just so happens that you need sound on the video, then Soundbooth might get you where you need to go.

However, please note -- I have not used soundbooth -- I'm just giving you my take on Adobe's comparison.

http://www.adobe.com/products/soundbooth/compare/

Mark Cain
Sarasota, FL USA

Return to posts index

TonymanRe: what is soundbooth CS3
by on Jun 28, 2007 at 12:26:37 am

This is bad. Adobe is selling Soundbooth as a replacement product for Audition. According to the link in your response Audition is not officially supported on Vista, although the customer support department at Adobe has told me it is. I don't think Adobe has any plans to upgrade Audition in the near future but Soundbooth certainly isn't a replacement product.

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: what is soundbooth CS3
by on Jun 30, 2007 at 12:19:03 pm

I have conversed with Adobe in length, (not in sales but people actually working on 3.0) and it is supposed to be vista compliant but I am sticking with XP for at least a year before changing over ... It is my understanding that all the issues with 2.0 are going to be resolved ... As it stands right now I won't use 2.0 because of crashes and an assortment of "mystery problems" ... It will be sold as a stand alone program ... Adobe decided to do this watered down version because it was too complicated for a large majority of video guys, (sorry don't mean any disrespect here) ... Personally I don't get someone who spends a ton of time on video and looks at audio as a secondary function of the video when in reality you can shoot the best video ever shot but if your audio sucks your video is pretty much worthless, again no disrespect, Just one mans opinion but after producing a TV show for over 2 years, (doing all the shooting, editing, and music) I stand by my statement .......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

TonymanRe: what is soundbooth CS3
by on Jun 30, 2007 at 7:39:47 pm

I agree with you whole heartedly. Sound, especially with home theater, is just as important as video. It's a marriage. Well I am glad that adobe isn't giving up on Audition. Audition is the only reason I haven't gone to VISTA. I am about to build my dream system again. I am going for a workstation motherboard, VISTA, and quad-core processor (I know, I know, why a quadcore). Well I am a hobbyist, some guys like fancy cars and I like fancy computers. I also love digital art with and without sound and I didn't think that Soundbooth was going to offer as many options as Audition when it came to sound effects and filters.

Return to posts index

Arlen BellRe: what is soundbooth CS3
by on Aug 28, 2007 at 5:21:46 pm

I agree, if you've learned APP, AE and Encore, you can certainly learn to use Audition. Adobe should bundle Sound Booth with Premiere Elements and give us back Audition with the CS3 package. I think the real reason Audition was removed was to create a "paying market" for Audition. I'll stick with Audition, Sound Booth just seems "amateurish" to me.

Return to posts index

Willie TothRe: what is soundbooth CS3
by on Aug 28, 2007 at 6:24:55 pm

You may be onto something with creating a "paying market" for Audition ... I did think that Adobe would do a better job on Soundbooth but it is obvious to me whoever laid out the vision for the program doesn't have a clue of what a good audio editing program is about ....... WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]