FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bit of a toughie...

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
CPrebble
Bit of a toughie...
on Jun 9, 2007 at 11:21:31 pm

I'd like to be able to remove the music from a song's track and either layer it out, or be able to use just the vocals on the track. I'm not sure if I should just experiement, but I'd like to know if anyone has a good way to do this.

Creative and cunning, Curtis Prebble.

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Bit of a toughie...
on Jun 10, 2007 at 1:00:10 am

You can't do what you want in Audition with a mixed piece of music ... Since the voice covers so much of the audio spectrum, I really don't think there is a program out there that can pull it out of a track and not effect it in very ugly ways, at least I have never heard of it before ... Sorry

Return to posts index

Emmett
on Jun 10, 2007 at 8:13:17 am

Right you are...Can't be done. Not with any real degree of success anyway, regardless of the program or algorithm. You can SOMETIMES, however, get somewhat acceptable results by using the Center Channel Extractor. The acapella preset is about as good as it can ever get.

Emmett

Return to posts index

cowcowcow
CPrebble
on Jun 10, 2007 at 7:50:03 pm

Well, thanks for the help, guys. I appreciate it. I find that using the center channel extractor and then the hiss/pop eliminator gets rid of background music and any drum beats, leaving an okay to work with vocal track.

Creative and cunning, Curtis Prebble.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]