FORUMS: list search recent posts

wedding audio - help!

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brian47wedding audio - help!
by on May 26, 2007 at 2:33:27 am

Hi all,

I am a newbie user of Adobe Audition. I recently shot a wedding and there are a couple spots where the audio needs MAJOR help.

1) There was a small waterfall a short distance behind my camera and I would like to reduce the sound of the water so that the minister and vows can be heard a bit better.

2) Speaking of vows...yikes! I wasn't able to mic the couple because the ceremony was outside and there was no power source that I could use for wireless receivers. The minister spoke loud enough to be ok, but the bride and groom really didn't speak very loud at all. Is there a way to boost to hear them better?

3) And about the groom's vows....an airplane went overhead right as he was speaking. Is there a way to enhance the audio to make out what he was saying?

Thanks if any of you can lead me in the right direction!!!

Brian

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: wedding audio - help!
by on May 26, 2007 at 10:37:19 am

Brian,

The problem you have is that the frequency range of the background noises and the voice are mixed and pulling one out will compromise the other, give this a try ...

Bring the clip into the edit side and highlight a small section of JUST NOISE then go to EFFECTS > NOISE REDUCTION > NOISE REDUCTION > CAPTURE PROFILE > OK ... Now highlight the whole clip and go back to the noise reduction filter, use the PREVIEW and BYPASS to check your settings and then OK ... The worst thing about the noise is like a dripping faucet at night you will be hyper sensitive to it but use extreme CAUTION to not over do it ... Start at about 60% and work up from there clicking the BYPASS off and on till you get enough of the noise out so it's not distracting but doesn't affect the voice if you take too much the voice can get really ugly ... If you need more help let me know ... On the wireless thing here is what you do ... Most wireless work on 12 volts DC, what I do, (I shoot a fishing program so I am outside on location 98% of the time) You can hook 2 6 volt lantern batteries in series, and then go to radio shack and get the connector that fits the wireless receiver ... You solder a wire from negative to positive on batteries then one negative lead from one battery and the positive from the other to the connector ... It really makes for a very clean power source for your wireless and they will last 10 hours ... I have my units housed in a small ice chest about 12"x12"x10" It's big enough for 2 units and and 4 batteries ... If you have problems you can always E-mail me a minute or so to loganonestudio@aol.com ................ WILLIE

Return to posts index

brian47Re: wedding audio - help!
by on May 28, 2007 at 3:54:19 am

Any ideas how to reduce or remove the sound of an airplane flying back during the vows?

Return to posts index

by on May 28, 2007 at 4:25:50 am

Use the method I wrote about in my last responce

Return to posts index

brian47Re: wedding audio - help!
by on May 28, 2007 at 6:20:44 am

Thanks for the comments. I've used that method before, but it seems to work best on a constant sound. The airplane sound varies quite a bit from beginning to end and it's tough to find a sample for the noise reduction profile that will get rid of most of the instances of the sound.

Return to posts index

by on May 28, 2007 at 9:30:48 am

Try it in spectral view, but it is going to conflick with the voice because of cross over frequencies ........ WILLIE

Return to posts index

EmmettRe: wedding audio - help!
by on Jun 3, 2007 at 8:14:16 pm

The results may not be great, even with the best quipment and the best restoration engineer. However, take a look at Waves Z-Noise. If you have deep pockets, it might help you out a bit. It can change NR settings over time.

Emmett

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]