FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting EDL's

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
manroy9Exporting EDL's
by on May 21, 2007 at 5:07:40 am

Dear Group,

I am fairly new to Audition but I am an old hand in other editing software. I was doing my first job on it and I want to export an EDL. Is it even possible in Audition? I could find no reference to it anywhere.

Thanks,

Roy

Return to posts index

EmmettRe: Exporting EDL's
by on May 21, 2007 at 4:02:56 pm

First of all, congrats on dumping that awful SAW program and moving into 2007! ;)

Second, EDL files are exclusive to SAW. They are session files in Audition.

EDL = SES
Save EditList File = Save Session

Emmett

Return to posts index

manroy9Re: Exporting EDL's
by on May 23, 2007 at 5:08:49 am

Emmett,

Thanks for the very quick response. I wanted an EDL so that I could show my edits to a third party. I doubt that they have Audition, so I am not sure how giving them the session file will help them. Any way to get all my in and outs from my clips?

Thanks,

Roy

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
EmmettRe: Exporting EDL's
by on May 23, 2007 at 3:55:07 pm

Probably the best you can do, is highlight the whole session, beginning to end; Then solo and mixdown each track individually (highlighting will mean that the silence is also mixed down, so everything stays in time). Then the other party would simply have to layer all of the mixed tracks in their DAW of choice and everything would be in the correct place.

The other option is a program called EDLconvert Pro. It allows you to convert between different session-types. It will not, however, carry over effects. Just clip (region) placement. Google for it. It isn't cheap, though.

Hope that helps!

Emmett

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]