FORUMS: list search recent posts

Close gaps when cutting?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Wilson
Close gaps when cutting?
on May 16, 2007 at 12:42:17 am

Sorry to ask a rookie question, but that's the only kind I have.

When I cut a section of a recording, it leaves a gap. Is there a way that I can remove the bit I want and have the gap close automatically for me?

I hate to be one of those guys who says "that's the way it works in Audacity, and that app's FOR FREE," so I'll just say, is there at least an option for this in Audition?

Thanks, as always, for your help.

tw

Return to posts index

Emmett
Re: Close gaps when cutting?
on May 17, 2007 at 8:19:04 am

If you're working with a single track in Audition, you can use shift+delete to delete from the timeline. Unfortunately, it also deletes anything else that is overlapping in that same time selection. Most people simply do this type of editing in edit view, which will automatically close the gap. I agree though, a "shuffle" function (as it's called in Pro Tools) would be nice.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on May 18, 2007 at 12:47:39 pm

[Emmett] " a "shuffle" function (as it's called in Pro Tools) would be nice."

Yeah, that's exactly what I was looking for. There are soooo many things I prefer in Audition, but this is one of the handful of things I miss.

Thanks for the tip about shift-del in edit mode, though. Since so much of what I edit is across multiple tracks, I'm not sure how to incorporate this into my workflow...but this is a useful-enough feature that I'm going to try....

thx,
tw

Return to posts index

marijke peters
on Mar 26, 2014 at 7:00:13 am

I have found the answer to this question! If you go into the Time Selection tool and highlight the gap you want to get rid of in the track (also when using multitrack function) then hit Shift+Command+Delete it will get rid of the gap but none of the audio

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]