FORUMS: list search recent posts

VSTI

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
endrids
VSTI
on May 14, 2007 at 8:05:20 am

Hello,

I have been an audition user for a while now (when it was cool edit) and I'm very comfortable with it. I really don't want to have to learn how to use a different program.

But from what I can see, you can't use a Vsti or midi with it and I really want to use some new plugins with my keyboard. Is there a known workaround out there? Or could anyone recommend a simple program that I could use to record midi and then transfer to audition for editing?

I'm using the East/West symphonic orchestra program and I simply want to record in adobe audition with my firepod midi pre-amp.

~Myles

Return to posts index

Emmett
Re: VSTI
on May 14, 2007 at 8:02:18 pm

No, there's no workaround. A lot of Audition users pair it with Sonar or Mackie Tracktion. There's also Reaper, which is free. It's kind of ugly, but it does the trick.

Good luck!

Emmett

Return to posts index

endrids
on May 15, 2007 at 2:09:58 am

Thanks for the quick response! I will look into those programs you mentioned.

As far as Audition goes, do you know if by chance they will include the vsti compatibility in the next update?

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
Emmett
on May 15, 2007 at 4:40:11 am

Don't count on it. Audition was designed to deal with audio, not MIDI. Many users believe that adding sequencing would just clutter the program, and I agree. No single program can be everything to everyone. You're better off to find a sequencer that works really well and keep Audition for audio editing and multitracking. I've talked to several people that use a combination of Audition and Tracktion and really like the combo.

Return to posts index

endrids
on May 16, 2007 at 8:15:26 am

Again, thanks for the insight. I'm looking into getting Sonar 6.0, but for now I found a somewhat adequate work around. I just run a line out of the back of my firepod and then back in to the line input. Unfortunately it records EVERYTHING with this, including the metronome and other tracks. But I just record separately and then drag the clip to where it should go.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]