FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a way to extract the vocals to make an instrumental only track with this software?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DPUMA8
Is there a way to extract the vocals to make an instrumental only track with this software?
on May 14, 2007 at 5:35:04 am

Hello everyone. I am in the market for a sound editing program since I have been asked to make some football recruiting videos for some college players. I have songs picked out but most of them have cuss words or are political in nature which doesn't go with a football video.

So does this software have the ability to break down an mp3 file between a vocal track, drums, bass, and guitar for example? If it doesn't, do you know of other software that can do this?

How do radio station bleep out certain words or how do DJ's extract certain sounds from a song?

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Emmett
Re: Is there a way to extract the vocals to make an instrumental only track with this software?
on May 14, 2007 at 8:07:44 pm

The short answer is that there's no software that can extract instruments form a mix. Can you bake a cake and then take the eggs out?

The longer answer is that sometimes you can get the vocals out effectively, using the Center Channel Extractor. It is entirely dependant upon the way the song was mixed.

Radio stations do this in several ways. Often, the record label will send an edit that was made from the original master tracks. When done in-house, the most effective way is usually to find a similar part of the song that has no vocals (like an intro) and replace the offensive part with a snippet of instrumental. When that is not possible, we usually just reverse the word.

Some singles from labels will include acappella and instrumental versions, which is often where DJs get their parts.

Emmett

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]