FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shotgun mic Hum- How can I fix?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gangleShotgun mic Hum- How can I fix?
by on Apr 17, 2007 at 3:37:40 am

I made the stupid mistake of recording a classical music recital using a new shotgun mic attached to my camcorder. Now I have great video and the audio ruined by the hum the tape drive!

My experience is shooting architectural video so Audition is unfamiliar to me.

Can anyone help me quickly find a fix for this? It is a constant tone, if that helps.

Thanks,
Gary

Return to posts index

EmmettRe: Shotgun mic Hum- How can I fix?
by on Apr 17, 2007 at 7:57:42 am

You need to use Noise Reduction. Select an area of only noise in Edit View. Then go to Effects > Restoration > Noise Reduction

Hit "Capture Profile" After it captures, hit "Select Entire File"

The preview and mess with settings until it sounds good. The left-to-right slider is the easiest way to make adjustments. I like to use a spectral decay rate of 35% or less. Other than that, play and listen.

Emmett

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Shotgun mic Hum- How can I fix?
by on Apr 17, 2007 at 11:11:17 am

Gary,

I might suggest that instead of using the "Capture Profile" highlight a section with JUST THE NOISE nothing else this way the feature knows exactly what it is looking for, hit OK ... Now highlight the entire wave reopen the feature, (it will remember the last setting) and repeat ... You will have to play with the percentage but this is a much better way to do noise removal ... Be care4ful not to go too far too fast but it has been my exsperience that in most cases you can use a setting of 60 to 90% and only have to do it once ... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Charlie BRe: Shotgun mic Hum- How can I fix?
by on Apr 27, 2007 at 7:05:13 pm

1. Noise Reduction. I've found it to be a handy tool. Right click on a highlighted area of just the noise (no voice or other sounds) and click on "Capture Noise Reduction Profile" Once you go into your Effects menu and into the noise reduction dialog box, you can tweak just how much is eliminated.

2. You can do this manually. Since it's giving you fits, go into your effects menu and open graphic equalizer. Click the tab on the EQ that says 30 band. Then, just play the audio and fiddle with each band and see if you can tweak the noise away.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]