jjordache
Remove air conditioning background noise from interview audio
on Mar 28, 2007 at 8:16:21 pm

I

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Remove air conditioning background noise from interview audio
on Mar 29, 2007 at 11:54:43 am

Please E-mail me a sample to loganonestudio@aol.com if you can't clean it up ... Try this ...

On the edit side highlight JUST THE NOISE then go to EFFECTS > NOISE REDUCTION > NOISE REDUCTION > CAPTURE PROFILE > OK ... Now highlight the whole clip and go back to the noise reduction page, it will open with the last setting ... You will have to experiment with the percentage amount to be removed since too much will make the audio sound like it was recorded in a rainbarrel ... Hope this helps ....... WILLIE

Return to posts index

jjordache
on Mar 29, 2007 at 4:46:36 pm

Hi Willie,
Thanks for the reply! That

Return to posts index

Charlie B
on Apr 27, 2007 at 7:01:47 pm

I was unable to download the clip, but I can imagine the noise you describe. I'll give you three remedies.

1. Noise Reduction. You said you tried it, but I've found it to be a handy tool. Right click on a highlighted area of just the noise (no voice or other sounds) and click on "Capture Noise Reduction Profile" Once you go into your Effects menu and into the noise reduction dialog box, you can tweak just how much is eliminated. All of that is easy and self explanitory.

2. You can do this manually. Since it's giving you fits, go into your effects menu and open graphic equalizer. Click the tab on the EQ that says 30 band. Then, just play the interview and fiddle with each band and see if you can tweak the noise away.

3. Disguise the noise or, if you're doing a video, show the sourse of the noise as a cut a way. If you hear bells clanging in the distance, show a shot of the bells, the church steeple, etc. In this case, show anything that hums, an air conditioner, highway, powerline, who knows. Having it explained helps. "We're talking with Joe Smith who lives above a cotton mill..." But if you're just using audio, find a music selection that masks the AC hum. Depending on your situation, use traffic noise, kids playing, or other sound that will lessen the noise distraction. Not exactly what you wanted, but acceptable by most professional standards.

Return to posts index

Charlie B
on Apr 27, 2007 at 7:25:21 pm

One last option is go into "Spectral" view. This view shows you tone rather than amplitude. Highlight and remove, reduce, etc, an area of the wave form. Once you identify it, you can "see" the tone you need to remove. Highlight it and cut it out.

Return to posts index

Alan Bezet
on Apr 12, 2011 at 9:32:47 pm

Thank You!

Alan Bezet
Production Manager
Washington, D.C.
alan.bezet@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved