FORUMS: list search recent posts

A bug found - what do I do

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TonymanA bug found - what do I do
by on Mar 2, 2007 at 12:47:11 am

I have written on this forum about using the Normalization filter on CD tracks. I listen to lots of orchestral music and some of the tracks do not have silence between them. However the instruments between tracks can experience volume anomalies, a flute solo will suddenly become loud or soft.

I have decided to fix this by appending some tracks - if I append them and normalize them there are no abrupt volume changes.

The bug is with using open and open append at the same time. In Audition 2 if you open 4 files at once - your 4th file will be listed as the first in the open text box like 4 1 2 3. This seems harmless enough because they open ok. Now open append 5 6 ( you have to select 6 then 5 for some reason to get the right order). Well in Audition 2 it thinks that 3 is the last track and will append 5 6 to 3. So you end up with 1 2 (3 5 6) 4. So your tracks are out of order. If the open text box would show 1 2 3 4 and you appended 5 and 6. You would end up with the correct order 1 2 3 (4 5 6).

I get around this by opening 1 2 3 which does not reach eol in the box, so they remain in the right order. Then 4 and then append open 5 and 6. 1 2 3 (4 5 6) results. Correctamente.

TONY T

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]